Knocking from the back Shocks

WetPatch

Petrolheads
Howdy guys, im getting knocking from the back left shock absorber at the bottom of the spring where the cup shaped rubber seal is.

It knockes every time the car bounces, the suspension seems fine but is this a problem i can fixed or will i need a new shock?

Thx

Have the same problem myself, Subaru said the shock needs regreasing, hour and half job, take it off greave and put it back.

Haven't got around to it yet myself so not sure how easy it is :ponder:

Heard knocking in my rear passenger shock tonight. When u lean on the back corner it sounds like the panel is popping but its the shock i think. It was dark ;)

I didnt really notice it that much when i was driving, just at low speed when im crawling along, but i had the gf drivng it the other night and i could here the thing knocking on every bump and it started to wreck my head. And u know ur self once u tune in on a noise u can here it all the time.

I hope its not serious

Ya mines at crawling speed. Mine cant be serious cause just drove to my friends house a couple of miles town driving and nothin but when i got back into the car to go home it was there. Im hoping it will go away :ponder:

Well my suspension feels fine, it just knocks everytime it compresses, its right at the bottom of the spring where the rod goes into the bowel shaped part of the shock.

[quote author=WetPatch link=topic=3736.msg38488#msg38488 date=1190757983]
I didnt really notice it that much when i was driving, just at low speed when im crawling along, but i had the gf drivng it the other night and i could here the thing knocking on every bump and it started to wreck my head. And u know ur self once u tune in on a noise u can here it all the time.

I hope its not serious
[/quote]

The curse of the gf!!

Think mine could be at the top not sure didnt really look. Going to Galway tomorrow so maybe a good spin might get rid of it  :lol: Fingered crossed  :D

this is a known issue with V7/V8 impreza as far as I know.. mine has it too.. have to book it in to get two grease nipples in each side of the back so just to put in a bit of grease rather than change the whole lot which in a sti is€1400 excluding labour

Back