Engine light - Updated have error code - Need more help

Aaron

Petrolheads
the engine came on there, car seems to be running fine, boosting still (only boosted to test)

Driving easy, but whats first to check before i bring it to the garage to have the computer plugged.

oils, coolant checked

thanks,

16/11/2011 -
Total Error Codes: 1 - P0030 - 02 Sensor
Well i the prodrive system so only have the 1 sensor up at the manifold.

We cleared the error so we see if it comes back. If it has to be replaced am i looking at much?

Re: Engine light

Get a diagnostics laptop plugged in a see what shows up. Quickest way of finding out.

ya thanks, booked in already. heading over to someone at 6pm.

so hopefully its just a sensor or something simple.

he had to go to removal, so will call over to him before work or after work tomorrow.

Car seems to be running fine, so hopefully its just something simple.

Re: Engine light - Updated have error code

Total Error Codes: 1 - P0030 - 02 Sensor

Well i the prodrive system so only have the 1 sensor up at the manifold.

We cleared the error so we see if it comes back. If it has to be replaced am i looking at much?

Genuine O2 sensor from Subaru is around €300 I think. I've had to buy 2 in the last 3 years.

if it is gone, then it will throw the error again?

well the engine light is back on. So the i must have to change the C02 Sensor in the Manifold.

anyone got a part no??

Cos we have family in poland and may try get it there... be alot cheaper :)

quick question,

The guy that bought the car off me, replaced the co2 sensor i gave him, when he fitted it the error code did not go away. So he clear it.

Car ran smooth again for about 20miles and it brought the engine light back on and car is doing the same. He has to plug back in again just to confirm the code.

Any idea's?

hopefully not, but most likely it will show up the same code. there is a lot more to diagnosing a car than just reading a code. many reasons why it would show a lambda code such as air leaks etc. home mechanics usually end up spending more on parts than it would have cost to get it diagnosed properly.

Yes i know Ciaran, but he is gonna get it check for leaks or told him to check the air-box too im giving him the stock airfilter back today
Could also be a mixture issue too.

If he cant find it, he will leave to a garage.

Ok i have another update.

The front sensor that was taken out was actually the rear one?!?!?!? why would this be and would that be why the new front i bought doesnt work, cos the ecu is looking for the rear?
Now Subaru installed the prodrive upgrade would this something that Subaru would of done maybe?
The exhaust system has been check and there is no leaks, he is now test the rear lamdba (which in the manifold) to see if its actually gone or not.

What left to check... the cat? any other sensor between the manifold and maf?

Oh ya, he the same error is back up P0030

and... i rang the guy i got the car off myself and he said the rear exhaust bit came back with no sensor in it.

Back