Misfire

bugeye555

Middle Lane Hogs
Anyone ideas about this I'm getting the engine light comming on and saying misfire on all four cylinders I have already changed plugs, leads and coil pack and it's still happening , not happening all the time if I reset the light it will be grand for around a month den the light comes back on but the car is driven perfect :thumbsup:

Locate the two ECU connectors, located under the steering column and consist of a black plastic male and female connector, and a green male female connector
With the ignition OFF connect black to black and green to green.
Turn on ignition, do not start the engine, depress the accelerator pedal to full throttle, then return it to the half-throttle position and hold for a few seconds, and then release
Engine Check lamp turns on
Start engine and then drive for at least one minute, keeping road speed above 11 Km/h.
ECU is now re-set.
At this point the check engine light should start to flash the all clear signal (steady 1/2 second interval flashes). If the check engine light does not flash, or indicates some other sequence, there is a fault present in the system, and should be professionally checked for necessary repairs.
Stop the car and turn off the engine.
Disconnect the black and green connectors.
Job complete

ye gar that is only on a classic you will have to put it on a computer to check ar the newage dont have that facility like the classic

i had the car reset already and the engine light will stay off for around a week or two and then out of nowhere it starts flashing and then stays on constant, would this have anything to do with fuel fillter or injectors ??

when I had my 1.6 it used to throw the cel light every few weeks just because I changed from the standard exhaust to an sti type . car went fine and never had a problem but same as yours I kept gettin the cel

Back