overrun flames

rourkeyb4be5

Middle Lane Hogs
had car out tonight and usually it pops on over at over 6k run maybe the odd flame..just after filling the car up at nearly every gear change big bangs and pops?high rev gear changes shes popping flames?not down on power what so ever?

mine did that all the time till she was mapped, which i used to love :D

cant imagine it to be good for your turbo or manifold

:thumbsup:

mines mapped jap ecu run on 95 and full bottle of lucas done trackday with no det so no problems running bout 98ron

It's the kind of "problem" You dont want to fix because it's pretty damn cool shooting flames and back firing!! BUT It does sound like something may have gone a little funny somewhere! So well worth dropping in to a reputable mechanic! she's too nice a car to be careless with her!!!!
My forester just makes a little pop if when ticking over and if I suddenly rev and let off imediately she'll pop just before she resumes tick over!
Hope she's Ok man! :thumbsup:
Dan

ah she is ok only thing i can think that i did different with the car was realigned the centre section bk box flange becasue it was off...it was like it for a good while so there was extra bck pressure. did the flange yesterday!

She might need a remap if the flange was like that when she was last mapped! :dunno:
In my lay person's opinion If she's popping and backfiring then there is to much unburnt petrol floating around! and that could be your cars natural reaction to a change in the back pressure to as a safety measure! :dunno:
Dan

no flange only went like tHat bout a week aGo casue the cars so low the exhaust hits ramps were it bends around and under diff..it hit the flange and made it a little of centre

Did you fill up at maxol by any chance? most maxols now have E5 at the pumps although their not stickered up until all refills are complete and official launch. I was out in a mate Evo the other night and he's running E5, the car is flying and lets some serious pops/flames out. It needs a remap to make the most of this fuel, but it will lose most of the pops and flames.

[quote author=b4 boy/rourkey link=topic=3732.msg38122#msg38122 date=1190548540]
were bouts did he fill up
[/quote]

Blessington.

[quote author=b4 boy/rourkey link=topic=3732.msg38092#msg38092 date=1190503823]
mines mapped jap ecu run on 95 and full bottle of lucas done trackday with no det so no problems running bout 98ron
[/quote]

A mines ECU??

DID YOUR CAR COME FROM JAPAN WITH ALL THE MODS????

Back