Central locking keys

Lotti

Sunday Drivers
Hi lads,

One of my keys seems to be dead (The spare one that i've never used..?), and the other is just about unlocking the car with the keyless entry button (signal seems awful week if i try to lock/unlock normally) Im guessing it's the batteries thats the prob rather than the central locking setup. the push button start seems to be working fine..

Just wondering do i need to bring these back to the main dealers to get batteries sorted or can ye recommend anywhere in the Dublin area to get it sorted?

Cheers :thumbsup:

i'd just go to the dealers and get it done , the keys would be coded and if one is dead it may need to be recoded or something ,

this happened with my brothers wrx and it turned out that the batteries were fine and keys needed to be recoded....

If its weak but still actually opening the doors with one fob, then I'd start with the batteries before heading to a main dealer. Use a small screwdriver to carefully open the key fobs and take the battery to a motor factors or jewellry/watch store. Those batteries are only €3 or so each so I'd spend the €6 before going to a main dealer who'll probably charge a minimum of 10 times that :icon_sad:

i got a battery for mine on Friday from a motor factor, i just handed in the key, they replaced the battery, and tested it afterwards that a signal was coming from the remote.

:thumbsup:

Lotti I had same problem and bought two batteries in a camera shop. Handy to change in fairness

Turns out it's the battery in one and the code is gone in the other.
Going down to the dealers in Bray on Monday and getting the spare key coded under warranty :icon_biggrin:

Back