Impreza hard to start

sean 22b

Sunday Drivers
Engine has been replaced in the past few weeks,
havent really drove the car since as i want to get it mapped first,
When starting it keeps turning and when it starts sounds like its running on 3 cylinders,
smell of petrol is unreal is it flooding itself??or is there a sensor that would cause it to run like that,
after it runs for a few seconds it goes perfect revs out clean,
anyone help me out with this??

it could be any number of things lad . sensor , maf , timing , loose fuel pipe .not much help i know can you bring it back to who ever put the engine in

have you put the coil packs back in the right order

this happened to me when i refitted my engine and gave them systoms

Ya i think so once its going it runs perfect,
not running an afm as have simtek ecu so cant be that,
can someone put up a pic of their engine bay on version 4,
maybe i have vacuum pipes mixed up??

mine was the exact same when i got the eng built it was really hard to start and when it did fire up it was same as yours like if it was running on 3 cylinders it was off timing in the end i was puttin it down to inlet manifold gaskets as i forgot to renew them and also flushed the fuel as it was gone off but was off timing in the end here is a few pics lad let me know if u need more :thumbsup:

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb339/subaru101/DSCF3313.jpg
http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb339/subaru101/DSCF3307.jpg

Will have to check timing again so,
have you got any pics of map and turbo pressure sensor??think i have those mixed up..
cheers for the other pics man :thumbsup:

Very easy for the timing to move a tooth off.
Im not sure of the comp figure, if 4 are all around the same you should be ok.. Timing would be my first port of call, sounds awfull like it...
Worth nothing aswell, if a tensioner is fooked or on way out it may have been alright when you did line it up..
What marks did you use?

Thanks ger..
Ken checked all tensioners and idlers they were good bar the small idler at top right of engine as your looking at it,
bought a new one from subaru and put it on,
will just have to check timing again thats what it seems like to me aswell..

Ive heard of people using a vice to push the piston back in the tensioner and not pushing it square on and causing it to leak

here is a few hope there of help was dark out so couldn really see wat i was doin lol
DSCF3364.jpg

DSCF3362.jpg

DSCF3360.jpg

Back