Bulb replacement or HID

moro_46

Sunday Drivers
ONe of the standard D2R bulbs blew today on my legacy b4 and i was looking for one today and cant find dem!! rang red power and dey dont have them. I have found a site in the UK dat have dem and u can upgrade to 6000 or 8000k. WOuld i be better off upgrading to HID kit or is der problems associated with this. Cheers!

just read your post again this time with my eyes open! lol

sounds like you have in your mind you need a HID kit?? you already have factory HIDs so therefor you dont need a kit, just the bulbs? is that what your asking?

D2R bulbs are xenon bulbs just get a replacement, might be best off replacing them in pairs as colour can differ between manufacturers. i wouldnt go any higher than 6000k as any higher and they are very naff blue in colour

Yeah i know der HID !!! i was going to just get a new kit because i priced the bulbs today in the motor factors at €65 EACH!!! so ill have to shop around!!

[quote author=moro_46 link=topic=32110.msg368282#msg368282 date=1319829732]
ONe of the standard D2R bulbs blew today on my legacy b4 and i was looking for one today and cant find dem!! rang red power and dey dont have them. I have found a site in the UK dat have dem and u can upgrade to 6000 or 8000k. WOuld i be better off upgrading to HID kit or is der problems associated with this. Cheers!
[/quote]

http://www.delonixradar.com.au/images/HID_poster.jpg

Colours explained once you go over 6000K they get very blue.

Yeah youre bulb is gone. Standard is 4300k and looks best imo. Any more and it'll look too blue and not like OE.

ordered a pair of 6000k bulbs from a crowd in the uk i have got lights off before and very good to deal with. all in it was 65 euro so happy days!! the joys of subaru!!

Back