Replacing brake fluid

Altezza-Dan

Octane Boostaholics
This is one thing i have never done myself. I'll be replacing the front pads soon and recently did rear pads and discs and im sure the fluid isn't great after Mondello, so looking to replace the brake fluid before cold weather sets in. Probably hasnt been changed in 2 years or whenever it was i got the AP Racing calipers on. I'm not very confident in doing this on my own as its not something you want to mess up on! Is it an easy enough skill to master and will any ol' 5.1 fluid do the job? Might just leave this one to one of the traders but feel a bit thick leaving the car in for just a brake fluid change!

it needs to be done right dan so if not confident drop it one of the lads at least you will have the peace of mind that it has been done right ,best get a decent make of 5.1 also

simple enough to do dan you'll need someone to pump the brakes and know what there at as in keep it held down till you have the nipple tightened then let up and make sure you keep the reservoir topped up .i used mintex 5.1 fluid 15 lids per liter

Stay clear of the one-man bleeding kits and use two people as said above. I'd drain the reservoir with a syringe or turkey baster before starting and top up with fresh fluid to minimise the amount of old fluid to be drained. After that it should just be a case of co-ordinating the pressurising and draining of the system with the second person.

have the same prob myself except i wanna change the lines as well, think at this stage i drop it to someone.

Got motul 5.1 brake fluid on 32tuning.com

Back