legacy power steering pump

scoobysub

ISDC Club Member
the power steering pump on the series 2 seems to be leaking .at the track day it was a small bit wet which i thought was a bad seal with cap and driving it hard . but after putting a new cap on the problem is still there. cant see where the fluid is leaking from it just wet around the pump. is there a common fault with thees or just time for a new pump :don't know:

same problem with my track car joe

some say fit a new seal kit and some say change the pump to the later model as its a know issue with the old model.

i picked up a newer one to fit as my pump was fooked after the fire it caused at the track day

[quote author=JOHNNY T link=topic=32036.msg367617#msg367617 date=1319321960]
what fire johnny? was it serious?
[/quote]

nothing serious johnny

had a leak from the power steering pump and it dripped down on to the exhaust manifold and shoaked into the heat wrap which when heated up from the exhaust caught fire, it was put out real quick and only burned out one wire which was for a defi oil gauge, pump is now fooked doh as it ran low on fluid, later model now sorted so it should be fine. the old one,s always leak, must be a bad design or just been old i guess.

sorry for the off topic but mine is the same on the scoob also noticed there is a leak from the rack itself seems to be the o rings at the 2 pipe fittings next the steering knucle side priced them in subaru but its a repair kit and aint cheap :new_2gunsfiring_v1:

Back