Sti Engine to Fit legacy???

Fit your B4 heads to the V3 short block. And work out what size head gasket you need to get the right compression

to be honest was just going to switch completely over to the sti engine with normall single turbo and start forging it, or would i be better just getting bigger turbos and forging mine?? would like to get about 350 bhp that would be my goal only thing is the b4 are expensive to map

[quote author=Celtic03 link=topic=31976.msg366879#msg366879 date=1318889922]
thats why i was thinking of switching over to the sti engine which would be the best option?
[/quote]

Being honest man how is changing an engine ,loom and whatever else is needed cheaper than a map on the B4?Your still going to have to map the engine you put in to get the 350hp

yeah i know your going to have to map it anyway but i was quoted over 1000 euro for a map on the b4 as it is and was just wondering would it be better to keep with the twin or switch over completely i realise it would cost in around 5 grand upwards to forge and map but would i be better going sti engine and forging or keeping with the b4 engine and forging that??

I just though that by switching to the sti you would have more options in building and that the twin turbo might restrict you in some way

Very time consuming wiring in looms but yes possible to do single turbo conversion.

But staying with twin turbo say, a 2.5 forged engine with hybrid turbos, front mount and fuelings mods etc. uprated clutch and remap.

That would be a quick B4.
Pref on Rev D running denso ecu.

[quote author=davelegacy™ link=topic=31976.msg366895#msg366895 date=1318895179]
Very time consuming wiring in looms but yes possible to do single turbo conversion.

But staying with twin turbo say, a 2.5 forged engine with hybrid turbos, front mount and fuelings mods etc. uprated clutch and remap.

That would be a quick B4.
Pref on Rev D running denso ecu.
[/quote]

HAHAHA! WHAT! that would be some insane build! or should i say some extreme money! if thats the case just buy Alan (i want to say Ryan's??) white HKS Spec C with 600bhp! would be cheaper and faster :roll:

sounds nice though

on the topic of the STI conversion, massive hassle with lost of pit falls to overcome! just buy a STI if thats the case! i know a guy who did it (all be it in an older Gen Legacy) and over the two years it was never right and had countless thousands put into it to just get it to run right! only to later catch fire :new_puppy_dog_eyes: :new_puppy_dog_eyes:

you could go single turbo conversion on your B4 block etc, prob the easiest, but still not a nice or easy job

[quote author=Celtic03 link=topic=31976.msg366890#msg366890 date=1318892644]
yeah i know your going to have to map it anyway but i was quoted over 1000 euro for a map on the b4 as it is and was just wondering would it be better to keep with the twin or switch over completely i realise it would cost in around 5 grand upwards to forge and map but would i be better going sti engine and forging or keeping with the b4 engine and forging that??

I just though that by switching to the sti you would have more options in building and that the twin turbo might restrict you in some way
[/quote]

Thats fair enough man , either way its going to be expensive, if your planning on forging just forge your own engine and you could covert it to single turbo or use Dave's suggestion with the hybrid twins.
Seriously think about it, save the extra hassle of looms etc.
Sure if you got 300-320hp in that yoke it would be enough , you seen what less than 300 was like in my wagon.
Plus its not only the engine build , its suspension setup to handle the extra power and brakes aswell due to the weight of it. The brakes on the wagon cant even handle the power its got

@goosie

It would br no were near the cost of Alans. In 1 swoop Alans would be costing area 30-40k euro to do that.

The 2.5 forged road with hybrid turbos done etc would thunk area 9k. Big difference.

Take some advice here man, dont bother your arse with tuning the B4.. Its going to cost too much for small BHP. And even with Hybrid twin turbos like any twin turbo car they are a headache, so Single turbo would be the way to go.
Sell up, buy a newage STI. and with few small bits and map you could have 320bhp.. Go mad,slap a turbo on, sort fueling and you can have 400 no problems

I know what your saying, alot of lads have the b4 for that reason.
But to go tuning it, it will just cost far too much money for the gain you will get.
To me if i had a B4 and absolutley loved it and didnt want to sell it ever.. a novel idea would be to Transplant all newage set up, Loom, ecu, 6spd, full engine, all the sensors associated with the Transplant.
Could even go for a twinscroll to be that extra bit different but i would think 4k in the parts alone would be gobbled up.. If you had the mind set and ability your self and stripped the newage loom and marked all the plugs and physically fitted the loom into the b4 and the engine and box etc etc it would save you a lot of labour costs, then it would be down to finishing the wiring off with someone thats sh*t hot with wireing and that will end up with the newage loom spliced into the B4 dash loom...
But its a lot and i mean a lot of work and the end cost will be greater than buying a Newage Sti impreza so maybe you could put some of the money you have a side for tuning and pay the extra insurance.

you can get 320-330 not a bother on the manual B4!

uprated panel filter €50,
fuel pump, €60-70
decat zorst €200

and a remap is gana cost around the same on the B4 or a newage so that cost is negligible!!

not big bucks for the parts its the map thatll cost you! Bob Rawle is literally the only person you want to map a Leggy, but it comes at a cost!

Back