Legacy not boosting properly??

Celtic03

Sunday Drivers
Legacy not boosting properly??

Right after getting a service done about 2k ago by Dean Reilly, i decided to get another one done seen as well i was going to get the knock sensor done by Ciaran, now this was only done an Monday have been driving the car no problem, then today i was in 5th and was going to send it on and just as i was going to into 2nd turbo the same happened as it did before just one big stall like the engine jumping or something now the engine didn't stall or anything, now this seems to happen only in 5th could the gear be giving under pressure from the 2nd turbo?

Re: Legacy not boosting properly??

You sure its not VOD youre feeling? Read my problem in this section,just below next one down-does it sound the same?

Sounds like fuel cut to me. Happened to me once when my boost solenoid stuck open and everytime it would happen in 5th. I plugged the black and green plugs under the dash together and it resets the ecu and cycles through the solenoids in test mode. This got the boost solenoid to stop acting up and it was perfect from there on out.

You may have a problem elsewhere causing an overboost and therefore fuel cut. This may have only come to light now that you have your new knock sensor in place as the old faulty one could have been retarding the timing so the fuel cut would not have come to light until now.

Have you had the car de limited? If not, the limiter hits just at the start of the second turbo in 5th

no the car isnt mapped but only ran on e5, just dont have the money to get it mapped to be honest, i was told earlier that it might be the fuel cut off, but the funny thing is that its not showing any engine check lights????

Peader might be on to somethin there. Is it only happening as the speedo goes by 180kmph in 5th?

could be either, i did two pulls in forth gear to make sure it was boosting ok and check for codes. i don't generally give them too much of a blast as i don't like driving them unmapped just incase, althou after the ecu relearing it didn't seem to be picking up much knock. watch your speedo, if its not the limiter give me a call and i'll get some live data from it - you can drive thou :smile:

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=31963.msg366739#msg366739 date=1318805008]
Peader might be on to somethin there. Is it only happening as the speedo goes by 180kmph in 5th?
[/quote]

no, no where near off the clock and ive been off the clock not a bother so i dont think it would be that :angry1:

[quote author=Ciaran RS-RA link=topic=31963.msg366759#msg366759 date=1318838569]
could be either, i did two pulls in forth gear to make sure it was boosting ok and check for codes. i don't generally give them too much of a blast as i don't like driving them unmapped just incase, althou after the ecu relearing it didn't seem to be picking up much knock. watch your speedo, if its not the limiter give me a call and i'll get some live data from it - you can drive thou :smile:
[/quote]

Doesn't seem to do it in any gear except 5th, would you be around Wednesday? its not showing a engine light so wouldn't say it would be the the knock sensor, must be something else, other than this its running sweet real tight after the service hope its nothing big

i seen to be having the same problem, well i think i do. 2nd comes on after the vod but doesnt really boost. checked all pipe work for leaks etc but found noting. ?? im gonna check see if it happens in all gears or just 5th. might be something else altogether.

This happened to me some while ago as well. Also only in 5th gear. Ended up being a bad batch of fuel.
I emptied the tank, filled it full with E5 and did an ECU reset.
Never happened since.

[quote author=Celtic03 link=topic=31963.msg366688#msg366688 date=1318788125]
Right after getting a service done about 2k ago by Dean Reilly, i decided to get another one done seen as well i was going to get the knock sensor done by Ciaran, now this was only done an Monday have been driving the car no problem, then today i was in 5th and was going to send it on and just as i was going to into 2nd turbo the same happened as it did before just one big stall like the engine jumping or something now the engine didn't stall or anything, now this seems to happen only in 5th could the gear be giving under pressure from the 2nd turbo?
[/quote]

Whats the crack Lad ... mine is a 00 b4 %100 jap and has been remaped and their can be a bit of lag between turbos and i know that lack of power your talking about it lasts about 3 seconds then its gone and she pulls on i have changed the knock cencer put irdem plugs in as well..... its running better but the lag is still their mine failed the nct on very hi carbin readings witch leads me to the 02 (lamba) cencer i have heard that this cencer can cose our problim with the turbos...I think we both have the same problim im getting the cencer done on tuesday ill let you know how it runs when i drive it. :icon_headbang:

@RobbieB4..thats vod youre feeling-a flat spot on changeover from primary stage to twin stage-its normal-every B4 does it from new. What celtic03 is getting is fuel cut.

Back