replacing 2 tyres

Altezza-Dan

Octane Boostaholics
Just curious is it safe enough to say just replace the front tyres. Front two will fail NCT after trackday so i was think just replace them for NCT at the end of this month and then the rears next month. I switched over to my winter tyres this week but its still way too warm for them and they are pretty mushy in the corners!

I believe it's best to have the same tires on an axle, as long as the front two are the same , and are E marked that would be the best. No laws against having 4 different tires iirc if you wanted!

I used to change all 4 together always but with money tighter now i just got 2 new ones on the front last time. People used to go on about it affecting the diffs if you changed front 2 but not back....not so sure myself!

manual advises against it because of undue wear to central differential- feels a bit ott tbh...your call...

A month between changes won't make that much of a difference IMO. it's never affected my car in the past when I've changed the fronts and then changed rears the following month.

Why not put the snow tyres on for the NCT, take em off after, and save up for the month... or put your nct off for a month... simples.. as long as you have a date cops wont do anything

[quote author=KENC link=topic=31854.msg365553#msg365553 date=1317849751]
Why not put the snow tyres on for the NCT, take em off after, and save up for the month... or put your nct off for a month... simples.. as long as you have a date cops wont do anything
[/quote]

Ye im actually on the winter tyres now, they are pretty mush in this weather still! I'll probably just get four new tyres and put them on before nct, 2 rears are grand though, might take them off and keep them for next track day!

[quote author=keith dublin link=topic=31854.msg365560#msg365560 date=1317851121]
Camskills great prices for tyres
And paying no vat makes it even better.
[/quote]

That's where I'll be getting them from! You want to get me a set vat free Keith?!

[quote author=nodge link=topic=31854.msg365491#msg365491 date=1317828406]
I used to change all 4 together always but with money tighter now i just got 2 new ones on the front last time. People used to go on about it affecting the diffs if you changed front 2 but not back....not so sure myself!
[/quote]

dont know about diffs but i did that once and never again, car handled like shight espiacially in the wet.

rather get 4 part worns than 2 new ones

Back