sti-type r v limited?

duffmancb

Sunday Drivers
hi,

Just bought a new 98 sti type r v-limited.(it was advertised as this)
thing is im not sure if it is a v-limited as there is no badge around the gear stick.
But after some research i found out a few added on extras of v-limited cars like the lip would be the main one
and the orange vents down beside the fog lamp covers my car has these but im still not entirely sure anybody know
anymore tell-tail signs of v limited cars? oh yeah i also rang up subaru ireland gave them the chassis code aswell not much help
they told me it was a 1999 4 door wrx :roll:

thanks. :thumbsup:

Does it have a roof vent?

Is it a 98 Version 4 or 5? The coil pack will be in the centre of the inlet manifold for V4 and to the right of the manifold (as you look in) for V5's.

If its a V4, then it should have a plaque. If V5 then you won't find a plaque as they didn't come with plaques.

Throw some pics up and people may be able to tell you a bit more :thumbsup:

hahaha you stole the name i wanted first :angry1:
the ad was taken down a while back bought it about a month ago..

does your steering wheel have a silver ring around the middle were it says momo or is it plain black

plain black is v4

2011-08-1114_copy.jpg

aha! i got it had to create a photobucket a/c sry...
2011-09-28180443.jpg

2011-08-11144032.jpg

there :clap:

Welcome Duffman Mk2!! :roll:

Nice RX. :thumbsup: Best checking out VIN info as posted above by Sweetcakes! Nice looking Type R BTW. :subaru:

[quote author=JAMIE-TYPERV6 link=topic=31849.msg365438#msg365438 date=1317799634]
Best checking out VIN info as posted above by Sweetcakes![/quote]

:ponder2: :ponder2: :ponder2:

Version 5 Limited car alright.

I suspect your model code is GC8F2DD?

Late 98 First of the V5 vlimiteds.. There a great car fella , enjoy it.. The RX looks the job in the background.. That yours?

yeah thanks for all the help checked the vin plate definatly v5 wanted to be extra sure.
got mixed up i thought all v-limited cars had plaques :icon_eyes:.
the rx is my bros car, it was my work bench when i was cleaning the scooby :grin:

Back