small issue with my car

B4 soon

Petrolheads
I've noticed my primary turbo feels a little lumpy if I floor the throttle,and if I floor it in 5th gear I'll get a brief hesitation that feels like fuel cut about 3.5k. Any ideas? issue doesn't occur if driving on up through the gears-so primary range problem only-thats making me think o2 sensor beginning to go. New plugs gapped to .65 in it and inspected coils for cracks and nothing apparent. Also possibly MAF or knock sensors. Other options are leaking DV or hose cracked? Anyone had this problem??? Getting no CEL at all on it

Went for a drive yesterday and found that this won't happen at anything other than full throttle-not even at 95%. And I tried putting car into 5th at about 30mph and sure enough it happened lower down the rev range so not strictly in same spot in the revs. Could it be TPS related? I still suspect knock or o2 sensors

As far as i know, the system acts in open loop when on full trottle so readings from the lambda under full load shouldn't matter and i would assume they therefore shouldn't be able to cause a problem.

I would try to get someone to swap maf's with and rule that out for sure, they don't always throw faults when they are on the way and its the simplest thing to rule out, After that, I would assume knock sensor and just change it.

[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=31755.msg364956#msg364956 date=1317400785]Have you cleaned out the boost solenoid pipes?[/quote]Haven't touched solenoid box yet no-need to psyche myself up for that. Took off intercooler yesterday to check plumbing and pipe condition-all ok. Looked to be a bit of oil haze blowing out of where a hose clip was loode at some stage and its right where knock sensor is-would it affect the sensor?

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=31755.msg364955#msg364955 date=1317400077]
As far as i know, the system acts in open loop when on full trottle so readings from the lambda under full load shouldn't matter and i would assume they therefore shouldn't be able to cause a problem.

I would try to get someone to swap maf's with and rule that out for sure, they don't always throw faults when they are on the way and its the simplest thing to rule out, After that, I would assume knock sensor and just change it.
[/quote]

Small harm get walbro and new knock sensor anyway

Gimme a shout if you want to try swapping the maf or anything else before you go spending cash :thumbsup:

[quote author=B4 soon link=topic=31755.msg364959#msg364959 date=1317401256]
[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=31755.msg364956#msg364956 date=1317400785]Have you cleaned out the boost solenoid pipes?[/quote]Haven't touched solenoid box yet no-need to psyche myself up for that. Took off intercooler yesterday to check plumbing and pipe condition-all ok. Looked to be a bit of oil haze blowing out of where a hose clip was loode at some stage and its right where knock sensor is-would it affect the sensor?
[/quote]

Now that you mention that I had that hesitation before , Dave lewis had a look at it and said it was just some residual oil on a sensor...

no sorry it was in the first few weeks of ownership..just after re-reading your initial post I remembered..It only occurred at high speeds..ton plus for what ever reason..think he said there was bit of oil on the throttle position sensor? that make sense?

[quote author=B4 soon link=topic=31755.msg366206#msg366206 date=1318361054]
Was thinking about that Dave-you have the gear to do it?
[/quote]

Yes of course.

[quote author=B4 soon link=topic=31755.msg366243#msg366243 date=1318371929]
Txt you tomorrow about it dave-want it sorted now.
[/quote]

As you well know sean, diagnostic issues are ones that be left with us as could be anything

Have been working on ruling things out today. Swapped maf from Peadars Blitzen but no change so thats that ruled out(yes I did reset the ECU),and also swapped solenoid in the passenger front wing for one I had here from a 99 car-this actually made it worse,giving two hesitations and not necessarily on full throttle. Cleaned my own solenoid and re-fitted it and car is back as it was.

Back