Replacing rear disks

Altezza-Dan

Octane Boostaholics
So i knew my rear disks were gone before the track day and now, lets just say the are fooked! pads are still fine though as i put new ones in when i upgraded the front calipers. So my question is do i need to put new pads on since im swapping the discs or will the ones in it do grand?

the old pads will be grand once there's pad left on them. they'll need a couple of miles to bed in on the new discs but you'd have the same bedding in process with new pads :thumbs up:

I would say replace em cos they will most probably reddened or worn to whatever groove is it the old discs but really if they're not that old then ya may at least flatten em off with sandpaper to level em off goin onto the new discs!

If theres a good bit of friction material left and you feel comfortable using them , run a file across the face of the pad until flat and put them in and use some copper grease on the back of the pad.

anyone know if the ebc green stuff are ok to use for rear pads? cheap enough and should be plenty for rear brake use

[quote author=Altezza-Dan link=topic=31746.msg364490#msg364490 date=1317042493]
anyone know if the ebc green stuff are ok to use for rear pads? cheap enough and should be plenty for rear brake use
[/quote]

They are ok for fast road use, track use ....no

im talking about rear pads, the ones i currently have in there are just some generic kevlar pads i got from godspeed brakes.

So how would the redstuff be in comparison?

[quote author=Altezza-Dan link=topic=31746.msg364494#msg364494 date=1317044641]
im talking about rear pads, the ones i currently have in there are just some generic kevlar pads i got from godspeed brakes.

So how would the redstuff be in comparison?
[/quote]

I know you are man, sorry did I give a indication that i was on about the front pads in my post?

Red stuff are better again than the green stuff and yellow better again exect need some heat in them before they work properly. I think ebc have another compound blue stuff

sorry i thought you thought i was talking about front pads when you said they greenstuff will be no good for track. Im just looking for pads to go with the new discs that are an improvement over standard but don't need warming up or very dusty. the AP racing calipers with the Ferrodo pads will look after most of the braking. The blue stuff ones are 70 euro compared to 50 euro of the red stuff which i think will be fine for the small rear brakes

[quote author=Altezza-Dan link=topic=31746.msg364507#msg364507 date=1317054415]
sorry i thought you thought i was talking about front pads when you said they greenstuff will be no good for track. Im just looking for pads to go with the new discs that are an improvement over standard but don't need warming up or very dusty. the AP racing calipers with the Ferrodo pads will look after most of the braking. The blue stuff ones are 70 euro compared to 50 euro of the red stuff which i think will be fine for the small rear brakes
[/quote]

Yeah Dan red stuff would be fine for the back

Back