passenger door sensor

Blain

Middle Lane Hogs
Hi,ive got a problem with my door on the legacy,when i open it and then close it its showing up on the dash that the door is open and the main light on the roof or the car is on,it takes a few times of opening and closing to get it off,just wondering if it is the little switch with the rubber cover where the door hits against thats the problem or what else would it be,if it is the switch which i tink it is will i need to replace it???

[quote author=Blain link=topic=31743.msg364392#msg364392 date=1316915802]
just wondering if it is the little switch with the rubber cover
[/quote]

That would be my guess at the cause of the problem. Take the cover off and spray some WD40 on it. Could just be sticking.

It's usually a little switch with a rubber cover alright. When this happens on the drivers door its more serious as the headlight warning buzzer might not activate when you open the door, possibly leading to the lights being left on.

when i press the switch in it still showing that the door is open,must be the switch then,will i need to replace the whole thing or could it just be a fuse of something,anyone ever had this problem before??

Try swapping the switch from another door. If the problem moves with the switch then its the switch, otherwise its something else. My bet is its the switch

[quote author=doggy link=topic=31743.msg364397#msg364397 date=1316943268]
It's usually a little switch with a rubber cover alright. When this happens on the drivers door its more serious as the headlight warning buzzer might not activate when you open the door, possibly leading to the lights being left on.
[/quote]

Do the headlights not turn off automatically with the engine on every subaru i know my old impreza they did and they do with the leggy and herselfs foz

[quote author=Paul555RA link=topic=31743.msg364401#msg364401 date=1316951334]
Do the headlights not turn off automatically with the engine on every subaru i know my old impreza they did and they do with the leggy and herselfs foz
[/quote]
They do turn off yes.

ok when i open the passenger door and close it everyting seems fine,but when i open the door and press the switch with my finger it wont work,wereas the drivers side does,so i swapped the two around.other switch works fine on the driver side so its not the switch then,but why is it when i open and close the passenger door it goes off??but not all the time,if i go out in an hour and check the car the light most likely will be on again !!wat is the problem???any ideas

[quote author=Paul555RA link=topic=31743.msg364401#msg364401 date=1316951334]
[/quote]

Apologies, you're right, I was thinking of my experience with Toyotas

Back