Exhaust

D

dan_wrx

Story lads, i got an after market back box fitted to my WRX not long after i bought it, a Cobra. It's just the back box. Since i got it there's a serious lack of power from the car. Now I have questioned the fitters and they say all should be ok, and say they have asked the supplier who also said the same. But jesus like im not imagining it. Can i do anything bar put back on the old box and save for a full system :angry: :wall:

An after-market box shouldn't be doing that. Emissions should be less-restricted, hence better flow, hence (slightly) more power (and noise). It might have dodgy welding internally? Get them to take it off and put your original box on and see if the power problem persists, then you'll know for sure. They should be obliged to do this for you free of charge if you think their product is faulty.

Actually a back box can cause all sorts of probs,
with fuelling , power etc.
Usually only with back box's that are one size fits all
as opposed to dedicted Subaru one's etc.

Mick keatting loose's about 20bhp if he reomves the resantor
from his ..............but it sounds way better. hence it stays in :)

Was it Norris (1.6ltr) ??? who was burning fuel the same as the STI's
again after fitting an after market back box .

Dan there are loads of back box's to choose from expect to pay 300 - 350 for
a good one give any of the lads in the traders section a buzz for more info.

Niall.

Yeah I can back that one up Niall, just fitted a blitz nurspec s to the aul shoppin trolley and shes killin me on juice already!! But would I do it all again...? ;)

Blitz is the biz. I agree 100 %. I have a Blitz Nurspec fitted to my STI and it looks and sounds the biz.

Well if either of ye feel like you wnat to get rid of the blitz nur spec I'll swap a magnex sysyem and a left testicle for one of them ;)
Cheers
John

I tried (nd failed miserably) to get a Blitz system in from the UK. They would not sell it to me, even being from the real capital. They wanted me to go thru their dealer, so I had to buy it from a centre motorcycle dealer in Cork city (not sure if I can mention his business name) cos he has the Blitz agency down south, if not for Ireland.
Incidentally, one testicle would not be enough to pay for it. An expensive piece of kit, but oh jeez is it worth it :shock:

I just got my local jap tuning place to order thru sumo uk, had it in like 3 weeks!

blitz nur spec r for me too plus open mouth de cat 3 inch full system ;) ;)

Well here's the latest anyway... iv had the cobra back box taken off and the original (and tooo quiet) box put back on. Now I have my power back but no bit of.. noise if that's what u can call it!!!!! I have tried price a cat back system here in cork, places either don't wanna know or they are charging thru the nose for one... like 700euro in 1 place!!! I would order in from UK but i aint got a credit card, so what can i do??? HELP

Back