intercooler water spray

D

dublinsti

i moved the intercooler water spray jets from the top mount to the front mount i fitted but found because the piping was lower than the tank the flow of water and pressure of the fall made the jets leak is the a jet with a stop valve in it wich only opens wn pressed or any other ideas from peope who have also moved these

thanks lads

:subaru:

Hello Dub Sti,

Why fit a water spray sys to a font mount  :ponder:

It should get enough air flow / cooling being fitted to the front of the car  :dunno:

Cheers,

Michael

well if your theory is right why do tunning companys fit nx sprayers to cool their front mounts.colder is always better

NX spray would freeze the intercooler thats why tuning companys use them , water doesn,t have as great
an effect on a front mount. Might aswell be driving in the rain!

Re: inter cooler water spray

Hello Dub Sti,

I was comparing a top mount "under cover" small inter cooler with a "large front mount" inter cooler. With the much larger surface area and lower ambient temp, the front mount should be more efficient without the need for a water sprayer  :ponder:

Cheers,

Michael

[quote author=dermo w link=topic=3656.msg36846#msg36846 date=1189802873]
NX spray would freeze the intercooler thats why tuning companys use them , water doesn,t have as great
[/quote]

I tend to agree on this one.

[quote author=dermo w link=topic=3656.msg36846#msg36846 date=1189802873]

i know obviousely it doesnt have the same effect but the water spray system is fitted to the car by subaru so if its there you might as well use it..and a small effect is better than no effect .sure if it had no effect why wud subaru fit it....
[/quote]

Hello Dub Sti,

Subaru do not fit a front mount, I'd say if they did they would not bother with a water spray kit as the cooling would be better anyway

Heat soak is an issue, but with a front mount this is somewhat alleviated  :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Michael

Your dead right and i am a believer in (if its there use it) and (every little bit helps).
I was just stating the reason for using the nx sprayers.
I think ,and i maybe wrong , that they put waterspray on top mounts because of
heat soak from the engine.

If you want water spray on your front mount, you fire away! it's a cool idea
But I'm pretty sure it will have no positive affect what so ever!
Can you find a lower position for your coolant water bottle (ie. lower than the jets)or keep the jet slightly higher!
Best of luck what ever you do!
Dan

just fit a check valve in the line or try to loop the pipe up inside the wing so the apex of the loop is higher than the tank, the evo VI has a water spray on its front mount.

[quote author=thedoc link=topic=3656.msg36896#msg36896 date=1189856530]
just fit a check valve in the line or try to loop the pipe up inside the wing so the apex of the loop is higher than the tank, the evo VI has a water spray on its front mount.
[/quote]

So has my brothers Evo VII!

Back