Stabiliser links for legacy

snwman

Sunday Drivers
Another question, tried finding info on the site but no joy. Was looking to change the links on the legacy as the ones on it are worn and a knocking noise happens when driving over the country roads. Problem is which ones are they. I called into the nearest subaru parts place beside me and they where telling me it was a plastic link that was gone but i wasn't to sure.

Here is a link to the parts im on about

http://www.micksgarage.ie/autoparts...81&CarID=11248&AssemblyID=100013&b=57&ga=3229

The part at 41euro was the one that the dealership was telling me that was the most common. They are looking for 50euro though?? :cuckoo:

So which one would be most common to go on the legacy if anyone knows or would i just be better of changing the two of them at the same time

I assume you mean the droplinks on the end of the anti-roll bars. Take one off and motor factors should match it. Alternatively go genuine at carroll and roche subaru. Not too expensive. Make sure it is the links though-shock top mounts are known to go and give knocking sound over uneven ground at low speed

Im having the same problem,my mechanic ordered ones from germany a bit better that motorfactors around E25 each,didnt fit them yet,but id say its deffo the metal bolt on links thats causing the knocking,hopefully in my case too!!!or as b4 soon said might be shock mounts,anyone know how much these cost and how long to fit???

Genuine top mounts approx €65+vat each. Shocks out to fit. Would take me about 90mins all in but thats with air tools.

Well i was told when buyin the car it was the droplinks so ill go with that, but honestly it does fell like them. But ill be change both parts i put up for piece of mind.

Its the ones for €25 you need-not the plastic ones. And those parts are listed as firstline-not my favourite brand to be honest.I'd go genuine.

Actually its the other one's i need, the plastic ones. Its the front ones that are gone not the back. 33euro and genuine from subaru. Got sorted anway just have to wait 4 days for the things. Ordered them monday so should have them fitted on saturday

Back