Paint for wheels

Altezza-Dan

Octane Boostaholics
Lads whats the best paint to use for painting wheels, any particular brands? Or is Halfords paint good enough? Just goint to do a DIY attempt on my winter wheels

I used the halfords one Dan and they. Done the job

or you could use the tins from vinny Byrne but there nearly double the price

Halfords paint = sh!te, get some decent aerosol paint from the like of vinny byrnes, etc. Jamie knows a decent place in dun laoirghe too if you want to compare prices

dan there is also a place in bluebell or jfk ind.est im not sure what the name is but mybe someone will know they are reasonably cheap and vinny byrne has a few places around the city if you do a search you will find your nerest :thumbsup:

cheers lads, Vinny Byrne's is actually only around the corner from me in work. Ill check them out. I wonder how many cans you would need for a set of 17" wheels.

I was using one per wheel on a set of 18s with 6 spoke, full wheel and less than one on 17 multispokes.

[quote author=Altezza-Dan link=topic=31573.msg362639#msg362639 date=1315597689]
[quote author=christyper link=topic=31573.msg362633#msg362633 date=1315596253]
im just after painting my wheels got the paint from wheelpaints.co.uk and im happy with the way they came out,
i didn't get the aerosol tho used a spray gun.
http://www.wheelpaints.co.uk/category_Car_Manufacturers_Colours_Subaru_1.htm
[/quote]

how much is the spray gun setup though?
[/quote]

i got 500ml its a 2 to 1 mix using base coat thinner so it was plenty to do all 4 wheels
cost around 30 euro including postage.
i was able to do them in work so it didnt cost me anything else on materials

Back