Question's for all B4 owners

mynameismud

Middle Lane Hogs
Hey lads, just a fue questions for those of ye in the know,

I had a 95rs twin turbo up til a fue weeks ago :icon_sad:, Was mad to get a gen one legacy but their is not much out there,

Would the B4 be much the same as what i had or better? Same km per tank?(i was gettin between 400/500km on a verry good week)

My legacy was a daily driver but wanted the single turbo so i'd get a fue more mpg. Also want to stick with the legacy because the insurance is cheap enough, no point taking a step backwards and paying more, been wishing my life away long enough for cheaper insurance.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated lads. Their seems to be alot to choose from out there. But no generation 1's!!!

Never owned a Gen1 Legacy but my fuel consumtion is much the same 400-500km's per tank, about 55 litre tank.
My B4 has been my daily driver for 4+ years now, couldnt fault it.
I'd imagine the B4 would be more comfortable as a daily car, quick enough too. Cheap insurance etc,
Loads of B4 Legacy's for sale at the moment at handy money so depends on your budget and preferences.

If anything the 1st gen legacy would be worse on fuel. You'll be on boost more anyway-I find that I rarely use the secondary turbo on my car especially around town-suppose its just the nature of the tt that the peak power is a little high in the rev range so you just don't bother unless you have open road. I've seen over 600km for a tank once but was mostly granny driving it and included a long return trip. Saying that my new car(03 B4) came from bantry to galway for just over quarter tank and thats about 150 miles. It certainly seems more frugal than the 01 I had previously. I can also report that the 03 seems a much more responsive car especially on primary turbo and has little or no VOD compared to Rev A-C models.

id back you up on that when we had our b4 rsk we would get anywhere between 550-600kms to every full tank if you took it easy

i was getting about 150-180 miles to a tank in my gen 1 rs (depending on how heavy my foot was :icon_lol:)
anytime i filled it up from empty it only took about 38-40 litres to fill it......

Jesus johnny you'd want to put that foot of yours on a diet! :icon_nana:

Thanks for the replies lads, Been reading on some other forum's re: B4 consumption, seems to vary alot on the types of spins you do, sometimes i have alot of short spins around the city and sometimes i have a 2 hour drive down to my folks place, so its gonna be pretty much the same to run as my old rs, but maybe a bit more comfy on the road, and i think i could be okay with that, So next thing if ye don't mind, if ye know of any worth looking at for sub 4k euro with some nice sensible modifications please leave a link,

Cheers

Know the blue one to see , looks a tidy motor and stands out in that blue , price is stupid though

Back