Shampoo seats?

AndyC

ISDC Club Member
Girlfriends new car is full of dog hairs and smells of wet dog (previous owner).

Is there a DIY shampoo kit or anybody I can send the car to?. Might do my own aswell if can get a 2 car deal.

I'd certainly do it yourself Andy before paying someone, unless its a real hassle for you to get around to it. A stiff bristled brush for the dog hairs first before wetting anything, and then shampoo it. There are plenty of options in halfords car cleaning section but any supermarket will also have the likes of vanish carpet and upholestry cleaner or other equivelant rather than paying halfords premium prices and the likes of vanish etc would probably do a better job.

If you have a wet vac or can borrow one, then that would be ideal as well, mix the clean warm water with some All Purpose Cleaner (anti-bacterial preferred, but most APC is already) and work away.

Always make sure to do a small test area first on a inconspicuous area before proceeding full steam ahead :thumbsup:

P.S. Don't forget the carpet and headliner when doing the seats :smile:

yep mine are in dire need of a clean too. i only ever used that Autoglym interior shampoo cleaner, but only ever on mats or small patches. I think your can rent wet and dry vacuum machines?

Back