Spark plug

bugeye555

Middle Lane Hogs
Hi Lads had a mate of mine seviceing the car today and sumhow managed to overtighten one spark plug and it snaped but the treads are still in the car is there any way to get the treads out or am i talking stripping the engine to get this fixed, its a 1.6 bug eye any help needed

Cheers

how much is left of the plug

the 16 plug head much still be there as you wouldnt rip that of that easy

the only bit left in the engine is the treds off it, it snaped clean off just were the treds start i found this pic on google the piece on the left is what came out and the piece on the right is what must be left in the engine

try get a camera down to see is there anything to get a grip off. even on your phone.

what side is it broken in, driver side or near side??

drivers side gives you abit more room to play with

it is possible that if he tightened one and broke it he could have cracked the other one's and make the car not run or only run on some cylinders.

i would check them all!

then hand tighten them and give about a half a turn, plugs ar not really suppoused to be used twice as they use a crush washer to keep them from vibrating out.

you need to get yourself an easy out kit man it is a threaded tool that is opposite to the plug thread so as you tighten it in it opens the thread out simple enough to do

easy out with an extension kit, dont get a cheap one because if you snap the easy out in it your in big poo poo. should come out without much hassle as it's only the treads left

[quote author=Ciaran RS-RA link=topic=31315.msg360146#msg360146 date=1313670865]
p.s, buy that guy a torque wrench
[/quote]
And hit him on the bridge of nose with it... simples

:thumbsup:its all sorted now done it the cheap way ,got a flat head screwdriver that just fit in between the treads and it just simply twisted out, it was a lucky one and changed all the plugs just incase it happened with any other ones thanks lads anyway for the tips

[quote author=bugeye555 Gar link=topic=31315.msg360178#msg360178 date=1313702050]
:thumbsup:its all sorted now done it the cheap way ,got a flat head screwdriver that just fit in between the treads and it just simply twisted out,
[/quote]

HaHa This is the reply I was going to type as soon as I read the first post. Happened a friend of mine on his Renault and he did same thing with flathead screw-driver.

Back