Failed the NCT on emissions

dannyb

Middle Lane Hogs
as above lads she passed on high idle but not on low idle, what do i need to do to sort this out, i have a k&n cone filter on and im not to sure it there is a cat or a de-cat in it how would i know the difference in the cats?

Cheers lads

Was the engine hot when she was sent in???? Normally having the engine nice and hot helps!!!

What was the result and how much did it fail by??

look under you car man, at the exhaust if its just a solid pipe its a decat pipe if it hase like a big "bulge" a third to half way down you still have a cat in! also look on the turbo downpipe for one there!

though usually your car would pop and bang had it been decated!

and yeah how much has it failed by??

Cheers lads

The sheet says: low idle (780 rpm) CO 1.43 vol% and anything over 0.50% is a fail

High idle (2,880 rpm) CO 0.02 vol% that one is ok

Could be lamda sensor, or holes in the exhaust somewhere not spotted by tester, or combination of both!

The same happned me a few years ago,cant remember if it was the low idle of the high?? but turned out to be an oxygen sensor! worth a check.

what was the lambda reading and the ppm reading if they are normal you either have no cat or if you do its fucked

[quote author=WAGON DEC link=topic=31309.msg360118#msg360118 date=1313617086]
what was the lambda reading and the ppm reading if they are normal you either have no cat or if you do its fucked
[/quote]

i'l have a look in a bit and post it up :thumbsup:

[quote author=AndyC link=topic=31309.msg360135#msg360135 date=1313656742]
Diagnostics test will tell you if the O2 sensor is gone.
[/quote]

good man, anyone local to me with one? im in the tallaght area

Back