brakes clicking

I

icemancg

hi lads
i have a 93 wrx import due for NCT on the 5th of next month..
I have a clicking sound on both sides been told its the brake calipers movin slightlly !!
anyone know where or if you can get a kit to fix this problem or do i need new calipers....
if so where would be the best place to get them or has anyone here got 2 calipers at home ...

or know of any other solution
thanks in advance

jai :thumbsup:

It wouldnt be the pads moving by any chance? Is there shims on the pads?

[quote author=icemancg link=topic=418.msg2940#msg2940 date=1158702249]
hi lads
i have a 93 wrx import due for NCT on the 5th of next month..
I have a clicking sound on both sides been told its the brake calipers movin slightlly !!
anyone know where or if you can get a kit to fix this problem or do i need new calipers....
if so where would be the best place to get them or has anyone here got 2 calipers at home ...

or know of any other solution
thanks in advance

jai :thumbsup:

[/quote]

you can get a brake caliper kit which is basically the bolts it moves over on, yours are prob worn which is causing the rattle, i just did similar job on my old mitisbishi runaround, but just went round scrappy and found 2 half decent calipers..

If it's the older type caliper, it's probobly moving on the sliders. These are the 2 pins that the caliper slides one. A repair kit should be availible from Subaru. They don't give much trouble on a Scooby, so check them again. What solution did the person who diagnosed the problem have.

John

i would say sounds like there are no shims on the pads get them buddy will sort your problem

The shims are the thin plates that are between your brake pad and the pistons... :thumbsup:

Mack

I ahd the same problem on the first wagon I bought. The disk was moving in the studs a couple of mm- the holes had worn off shape :shock: Morale of the story- don't buy chaep disks :thumbsup:
Cheers
John

Depends on whats causing it mate, anti rattle shims cost feck all, but new discs can be pricey.

Back