advise please

sean typer

Petrolheads
OK lads have 99 sti type r 92000km,made 278/251 at rr day last year.
It has fmic,full 3" decat and induction kit.(never mapped)
Plan to get it mapped next month so i will be fitting walbro pump.frp.3 port solenoid.Turbo inlet hose.catch can.Timing belt kit including water pump and 11mm
oil pump.Probably will port my own manifold/up pipe aswell.
Would also like to put on vf 34/35 or pref a td05 18g and 550 injectors
Q1 Am i mad and just do above with my vf28 and 440s and enjoy
Q2 change turbo/injectors and enjoy more
Q3 Is it worth putting on 10mm manifold spacers as its off,parallel mod etc.
Will be doing the work myself bar mapping but dont want to go mad either(tax insurance up next month)
Car is my daily driver,will never see a track and bar the odd rally weekend or club meet dont be driven hard
All advise comments welcome :thumbsup:

vf35 & 3 port along with fuel pump & a remap should see 330/330 or thereabouts. Thats more than enough in a short ratio type r. Fitting bigger injectors & turbo will be pushing you into 350+ & likely reduce the life of your engine/clutch/gearbox considerably.

leave as is and map it, you,ll only open a can of worms imo and with the mods you have already it will run about 300 bhp which is plenty for a road car.

maps can be had on standard ecu now for little money in cda.

Il jump in here and agree with duffman.mine is a daily driver and got Nick in cda to map original ecu with a couple of upgrades for me.great job.how much power do you want for the road?

Thanks for the advice lads.Defo dont need to be blowing up my engine anytime soon.Remap as is should keep me happy so :thumbsup:

Back