legacy steering problems???

Blain

Middle Lane Hogs
hi guys,im driving a 01 legacy b4, im hearing a kinda high pitch squeaking sound coming from my rear drivers side wheel,its only when im driving and only when i hit bumps and i mean even the slightest one.it sounds very faint but annoyin,would it be the suspension or just bushings or something??? my steering has also gotten very light in itself,a lot less controll at high speeds and cornering and any uneven surface will throw it off slightly,what causes this??would it be front tie rods,or tracking or bushes???ive nct at end of month so wanna get this sorted anyway!anyone any ideas whats causing these problems?cheers.

check your power steering fluid

as for the squeak, have your got standard Bilsteins? lowered? coilovers? wider alloys?

sounds to me like it could be the strut? worth a check on all the ARB bushes droplinks etc just to be sure!

is it better to have the power steering fluid a little bit over max cus mine is just about at the max line,tiny bit under.ive got standard blistines and its lowered.when i push the car at the back up and down i can hear this squeak,ill get it checked out anyway. also when driving the front of the car isnt taking the humps and bumps as tight and solid as it should?is this bushings or links or what???sorry for asking so many questions.thanks

Sounds like the seals on your rear shocks are gone dry inside. Common problem with no real cure other than wet weather or a rebuild.

yep! sounds like the Billies gone kaput!! sad times man!! they are renowned!!

the lowering doesnt help, sure its not catching your arch a little?? seen as its lowered, prob not but just a thought!

yeah could be gone dry,no not rubbing of arches its not that low.ill get it checked on a lift anyway. does anyone know why my steering is gone a bit loose like when i turn its just not responsive as it should be,power steering fluid is ok.thought it might be tyre pressure but its ok.any ideas???

Back