K

kaiser

Evening all,
My names Karl MacCarthy and i live in Cork. I'm not an owner yet but thats what scouring forums doing research is for ,right? :thumbsup:
I currently own a custom rotrex supercharged mk3 toyota mr2 which I'm in the process of selling to fund my next car.
I'm looking for a sti v.6 type r. Preferably one thats just in the country or I might import one myself if theres nothing suitable floating around.
I plan on keeping it a stock as possible but i said that about the '2 and I ended up putting 12k into that. :roll:

Anyways, any advice would be more than welcome as I'm new to the subaru seen. :subaru:

Welcome along Karl. Good luck with the hunt :thumbsup:

If I was buying one id try get one with a blown engine and put your own fresh one in.

Damo

Try this number! I got my RA of him! Good price to! His name is Chris 0871366300! Just tell him you want one stock and see what he comes up with!

I'd agree with Damo.

Buy one with a blown engine and get a freshly rebuilt block installed. That way you have far better piece of mind, and know that it is not going to take a dump on you.

DaveLegacy on this forum does quite a few rebuilds. I got mine from him and it has forged internals etc. Grand fella to deal with. Might be worth getting in contact with him. (He has the STi Tuning approved traders section in the forum front page)

Oh ya... Welcome...!!!

Hi Karl, welcome along :thumbsup:

I know of a Version VI STi Type R that may be sold soon, he's had it about 18 months and hasn't had a remap done for our lower quality fuel, I advised him it would be best to do so, but he hasn't - he says the car's fine as it is. So if you bought that car, you'd be running the risk of a blown engine sooner rather than later. I'd import direct from Japan and remap immediately, or buy one that you KNOW has been remapped, or as others have said, get hold of one with a blown engine and put a new one in... :thumbsup:

Hey Karl!
Welcome along and enjoy the club!You'll get all the info ya need right here :subaru:
Good luck with the car hunting and hopefully ill see ya driving a scooby round cork soon(Covered in ISDC stickers :D)
:thumbsup:

welcome along karl best of luck with your search...make sure and get some pics up on the site as soon as you get the car... :subaru:

Welcome along Karl, there is plenty of good advice to be got here, they know their stuff. Best of luck with your car hunting :subaru:

hi Karl and welcome to the club! :thumbsup:

(hey Eric, i thought at first your brother might of given up his Evo for something with class :D :)

Well I've seen a few nice type r's around that are in my price range. Jim Dublin has pm'd me about his too, nice looking motor and the moneys about right.

With regards to remapping for our 95ron: Which versions can be remapped using ecutek software and the standard ecu and which would need a pfc or similar?
I've seen a nice version 6 but theres an equally clean version 5 thats more in my price range and I'm wondering what are the benefits of going for a v6 over say a v5 or even a v4????

I read that through but I couldn't find anything relating to remapping. I was told by a guy who has a type r that 98 and 99's would need the pfc, does this mean that only v6's can have the standard ecu remapped?

only v5 and v6 can have there ecu remapped, the v4 needs a pfc,if you can afford a v6 get if its clean

Back