suggestions please

B4 soon

Petrolheads
Does anyone have an alternative to a din pocket to fill a single din gap? I have a blank which I dont like and already have a pocket. I'd nearly put another head unit in there but it'd just be redundant as cant connect two outputs to speakers. Anyone done anything different?

You could put in a dvd player with the motorised screen, the ripspeed type, and splice the wires across both so you could switch between them.

Or get a plate made up to cover the slot and carbon wrap it?

I dont like screens-they just stick out and look messy. And I don't think its as easy as splicing in the second unit-that would still send power to both.

It will send power to both but you wouldnt have both turned on at the same time anyway. Could you not switch one off, switch on the other and happy days??

[quote author=DUFFMAN link=topic=31181.msg359022#msg359022 date=1312474586]
what about some lamco guages
[/quote]
I would have suggested same thing
Or if thats too expensive, take the blank you already have and cut 2 holes in it and slot in 2 guages of your choice!!!!

I would love to put gauges in there but vast majority are 52mm and they just wont fit. Prosport do amber 45mm ones but they wont match the dash-its a factory look i'm after

I used to have a panel built into there in the ra with the stereo on the bottom and the turbo timer and edfc controller in the top

these are the lamco guages and they are same size as a standard pocket

you can get them in white/black face, i just gave a set away.

The material had come unstuck at the bottom but worked out well the stereo was a flip out dvd player and it cleared the panel when needed
Paulsphone14mar164.jpg

@paul555ra that looks like a really neat set up
@johnny where did you get the lamco gauges?iv the same problem as b4soon and that set up looks the biz

there were in my track car when i got it but froggy will have a set if you want them

Gauges would be the best option. :thumbsup:

Was going to do ice build in last car but got good deal on present car.Have graphic equaliser (which i might go for again) which i was going to fit but went double din instead.

Think there is a post on scoobynet with a vast array of choices.(hope you have a lot of time to look through and guaranteed to get a few ideas)

:smokin:

Any link to that Carlo? Still wondering what to do as I'm waiting on my new rims also(being specially made by team dynamics...swit swoooo me!!!)

Back