knocking noise in rear

kbox

Octane Boostaholics
I've a knocking noise in the back of my car when I'm slowing down to a stop or when I accelerate off slowly, also when I have just stopped there is a sound like a dull knock as well. Someone on the site advised previously that it could be drop links. If they were worn or the bushings were worn would they give these symptoms or could it be someting more serious than this?

No uneven tyre wear but the offside rear wheel is slanted in a small bit at the top?

Try the diff mounts too. if it knocks when you engage the clutch just to where it bites it might be that

I've got a similar prob just in the last week or so been to two subaru garages both have said that it's most likely to be something to do with the shock nothing serious, just feckin anoying :angry:

[quote author=nic spec c link=topic=3605.msg36997#msg36997 date=1189946072]
I've got a similar prob just in the last week or so been to two subaru garages both have said that it's most likely to be something to do with the shock nothing serious, just feckin anoying :angry:
[/quote]

on a 07 thats not good

I've the same,sounds like the very top of shock? on the left... and my last scooby was the same,hard to get at it to look with the roll cage in the way, keep me posted Cheers, :thumbsup: Chris

There was a problem with the Strut Mounts in the back of subaru cars! Not a big job! Had the same problem with my MY03 and Carroll and Roche sorted it! :thumbsup:

Back