Average Motor Life.

F

FutureofWRX

Im looking at an Impreza with 200000 miles it was well taken care of.

Is that to many miles.

well tbh if its the same engine at 200k i would be a bit wary, but if its at that price, remove the old engine and possibly buy a 2nd hand
one and use that, depends on what you want to use the scooby for.

The lads and lassies on here will give you all the info good and bad. And its Free :)

:subaru:

thats a difficult one. On one hand 200K is ALOT of miles for it to cover.... but the very fact that a scooby engine has covered that mileage probably means its a good one!!

it really depends on how the miles were covered and remember all them miles r not just on the engine there on the hole car:body suspension ,engine mounts,bushes,roll bars etc.....

but good luck man scoobys rule

[quote author=johnny5 link=topic=417.msg2946#msg2946 date=1158704715]
it really depends on how the miles were covered and remember all them miles r not just on the engine there on the hole car:body suspension ,engine mounts,bushes,roll bars etc.....

but good luck man scoobys rule
[/quote]

Agree with above.

thats a hell of a big miles on an engine, are ya sure its not KM, just check out the engine number to the tax book or hpi check..... :computer:

Hey FutureofWRX ,
Yep 200,000 miles that's high but it all depends on what way the car
has been driven, serviced etc. Best bet is to have someone look at it.

What year is it and how much ?????
I just looked at the CBG website loads of Scoobs from 6,000 - 13,000 euro's
all between the 60,000 - 130,000 mileage range

Niall.

[quote author=FutureofWRX link=topic=417.msg2924#msg2924 date=1158687934]
Im looking at an Impreza with 200000 miles it was well taken care of.

Is that to many miles.
[/quote]
Is this the 1995 car you're talking about in the other thread? If so then you know that the full 200k haven't been done on the one engine. As the lads said though, you have to wonder about the rest of the car too.
Personally speaking, I wouldn't buy a car with 200k miles on the clock. (It's not a taxi by any chance, is it?)

if ya bought it from the king of the park kenny f  :worship: rom banbridge she wud probably have been rebuilt at some stage, i know sam the mechanic and hes a fussy sod  :worship: .................  but id say shes been used as a service car for the motor rallies 

Back