Is this type of map possible?

JohnRA

Member Number 3801
Long story short, I'll have to buy a car soon due to work. Was hopin' to wait 'til the new year but how or never.

I don't want to have to buy something other than a scooby. It'll probably be a bugeye or a classis Type R, depending on when I buy it.

My dilemma is there's a high possibility I'll be doin' a bit of mileage (Anything between 200 - 600 km a week) so I don't want a fuel bill to kill me!

I remember a while ago Sweetcakes ( I think) said someone's scooby has a remap that gives better mileage than a Vento or something he owns?

Is it possible to get a remap/new ECU that will take the fuel consumption down a few notches? Maybe have another custom map then for the wknd when you want the smiles per gallon?

Would you need to change anything other than the ECU/Factory Map?

All help appreciated lads. If it's possible I'll be well chuffed, if not it I'll just lug it in a daysul or somethin' 'til circumstances change again!

Why not buy a classic AND a vento or something simillar
or classic plus small car like saxo (thats what i do )

[quote author=Bonito link=topic=31148.msg358697#msg358697 date=1312144911]
I remember a while ago Sweetcakes ( I think) said someone's scooby has a remap that gives better mileage than a Vento or something he owns?
[/quote]

If i said something like that, I would imagine it was sarcasm :lol: . A remap can do wonders for a car but not those type of wonders :icon_lol:

You could always buy the vento to tide you over till the new year, cheap as chips and 50+mpg. I'm getting a newer diesel soon so don't need it anymore :icon_biggrin:

I've thought about buying a small car and a scooby and bring it up to big spec and just use it for wknds/track days. What do yas do for insurance? Drive the scooby on 3rd party extension (Wouldn't work where I live, they're all scumbags) or have a trade policy or what?

How much you selling the Vento for Robbie? :ponder:

then drive the subaru fully comp and then the second car you have as a 3rd party exstension
some lads on here have fully covered a second vehicle so people can help you on that
dont drop all your cash on a car you dont want
it is possible to have both
just these days it is becoming harder to drive the subaru as a every day car
as for bringing it up to big spec crawl before you walk
if you are driving a slower car weekdays then the scooby you buy will always bring a smile to your face
before you mod it
and the best part of these cars is the step bye step process of making them a custom fit glove to your specific desire
its only when you drive them day in day out they start to feel sluggish I.M.O.

[quote author=scoobycolm link=topic=31148.msg358728#msg358728 date=1312161289]
then drive the subaru fully comp and then the second car you have as a 3rd party exstension
some lads on here have fully covered a second vehicle so people can help you on that
if you are driving a slower car weekdays then the scooby you buy will always bring a smile to your face
before you mod it
and the best part of these cars is the step bye step process of making them a custom fit glove to your specific desire

[/quote]

That's the idea! Build it up slowly as I go along. Last thing I'd want is to drive it while saving and then send it away to a garage to get a massive amount of work done, drive it for another while, more work done in one go, and so on.

I've a few ideas with insurance. My dad doesn't use his car so what I might try and do is get him to get rid of his car, put his insurance on the Impreza with me under his name, get him to pay his usual premium and I pay the rest and then I'll get a little run around under my own policy because I've 3 years NCB so may aswell use it!

He'll keep the impreza tickin' along if he goes to the shops once or twice a week and then I'll have her for the wknd and the run around for work and both will be fully covered so piece of mind there. Then in a year or 2 when it's cheaper for me to insure the Impreza and hopefully be workin' closer to home, I'll swap the insurance over and give him the run around.

That's the hope anyway! I'll know soon enough if it'll be possible or not!

Sounds a very good idea to me :thumbsup:
[quote author=Bonito link=topic=31148.msg358729#msg358729 date=1312171302]
[quote author=scoobycolm link=topic=31148.msg358728#msg358728 date=1312161289]
before you mod it

[/quote]

That's the idea! Build it up slowly as I go along. Last thing I'd want is to drive it while saving and then send it away to a garage to get a massive amount of work done, drive it for another while, more work done in one go, and so on.

I've a few ideas with insurance. My dad doesn't use his car so what I might try and do is get him to get rid of his car, put his insurance on the Impreza with me under his name, get him to pay his usual premium and I pay the rest and then I'll get a little run around under my own policy because I've 3 years NCB so may aswell use it!

He'll keep the impreza tickin' along if he goes to the shops once or twice a week and then I'll have her for the wknd and the run around for work and both will be fully covered so piece of mind there. Then in a year or 2 when it's cheaper for me to insure the Impreza and hopefully be workin' closer to home, I'll swap the insurance over and give him the run around.

That's the hope anyway! I'll know soon enough if it'll be possible or not!
[/quote]

I drive the vento on the 3rd party extension, would always have the subaru insured fully comp. Driving the diesel every day for the 9 months since i bought the car has basically saved me from bankruptcy :lol:

Back