FMIC with a vf36

Altezza-Dan

Octane Boostaholics
Would you go for one with a vf36 or would it be overkill? heat soak is my only concern with the Hyperflow TMIC. Ive read with proper tune there would be virtually no lag with a FMIC and i think i have found a core that can fit behind the crash bar and no need to trim bumper just might need some custom piping to make turbo side fit

i know but probably run better with fmic the advantages would surely outweigh any disadvantages?

[quote author=DUFFMAN link=topic=31130.msg358517#msg358517 date=1311978249]
depends on the price of the front mount!
[/quote]
Cheaper than what my too mount cost!

i doubt it would be cheaper after getting it fitted, new pipes made up, a different bov and then mapped.

why do you reckon your getting more heat soak now with the hyperflow top mount towards your old top mount?

[quote author=DUFFMAN link=topic=31130.msg358537#msg358537 date=1312023871]
i doubt it would be cheaper after getting it fitted, new pipes made up, a different bov and then mapped.

why do you reckon your getting more heat soak now with the hyperflow top mount towards your old top mount?

[/quote]
Fit myself hopefully and most of the pipe work should fit with only last section near the Turbo that might give trouble. I won't need a different bov and mapping if vf36 still isn't finished due to boost leak somewhere so still messing around with that. So might try get it fitted before map is finished. Not sure if there heat soak is the more or less with new Hyperflow

If you still are undecided, I would go with the Front mount on the legacy. With the power that you are aiming for, you might struggle to get enough air through the small scoop on the legacy to keep the charge temps down. Unless you are planning on getting on of those bigger scoops?

i already have the hyperflow tmic on the car Robbie but i could easily sell that to cover most of the cost of the fmic. might give it a go. better spend it before she does! it can be my contribution towards this months 60 euro club purchase :thumbsup:

[quote author=johnb4 link=topic=31130.msg358561#msg358561 date=1312057394]
i think i can red myself with a new top mount lol
[/quote]

your not making any sense John. Speak english man!!!

if you can sell the hyperflow then defo go with it.

i tought you had it all sorted with vf36 and hyperflow mapped already.

[quote author=DUFFMAN link=topic=31130.msg358591#msg358591 date=1312068039]
if you can sell the hyperflow then defo go with it.

i tought you had it all sorted with vf36 and hyperflow mapped already.
[/quote]
I wish! boost leaks due to crappy clamps and split silicone hose, then a few other things to get right, pointless in trying to map with leaks. i have been working like cazy and travelling a lot so hard to find time to get it finished. Leaks look gone now but away again for the next 2 weeks. 2 or 3 lads in UK are interested in the Hyperflow so no problem shifting that :)

Back