Another Injector question - My apologies

BazGF8

OG Wagan
ISDC Club Member
I have been talking to Simon (JGM) and with my current setup; EJ257 with a VF35 with Autronic Sm4 ecu , it will make 350hp (which is fine) but I have a set of 740cc injectors to go in ,currently running on 440cc's, but is that overkill would I be better off going for 555cc injectors? Or can the duty cycle be brought down on the 740cc's enough so not to have an adverse affect on the fuel economy compared to a smaller injector.

Again sorry I'm still new to the whole thing and selecting the correct injector wouldnt be one of my strong points

thanks

Baz

Cycle can be brought down on the injectors and alot of mappers/tuners do that but also others say injectors should run at 85%.

If JGM said its ok to use the 740's then should be fine mate. :thumbsup:

[quote author=keith555 link=topic=30745.msg355306#msg355306 date=1307022682]
Cycle can be brought down on the injectors and alot of mappers/tuners do that but also others say injectors should run at 85%.

If JGM said its ok to use the 740's then should be fine mate. :thumbsup:

[/quote]

Ok thanks Keith

Always better to over spec, but you would be grand with standard 440 and an adj pressure reg if you wanted i would think.

On the 740cc front, dont fit does until ypou are about to get mapped as you can get bore wash when bigger injectors are put in on standard map, remember you will have dam near double the amount of fuel

[quote author=KENC link=topic=30745.msg355335#msg355335 date=1307036315]
Always better to over spec, but you would be grand with standard 440 and an adj pressure reg if you wanted i would think.

On the 740cc front, dont fit does until ypou are about to get mapped as you can get bore wash when bigger injectors are put in on standard map, remember you will have dam near double the amount of fuel
[/quote]

Yeah I know what you mean, i bought the injectors while I was building the engine so may aswell put them in.Wouldnt be into the adjustable reg and the 440cc tbh :ponder:

Yeah they will be fitted on the day of mapping, dont know when that will be :dontknow:

Scope for a bigger turbo and a 6 speed in the future maybe :multijump:

550cc be advised with your current turbo bit if going bigger turbo next couple months then map on 740cc you have.

[quote author=davelegacy™ link=topic=30745.msg355393#msg355393 date=1307049855]
550cc be advised with your current turbo bit if going bigger turbo next couple months then map on 740cc you have.
[/quote]

Only seeing this now ,Thanks Dave

Back