Getting totally stressed...

A

akki

Hi folks,

I am getting totally stressed now   :computer:. I have almost changed everything from fuel pump, to fuel pressure regulator over MAF to Lambda sensor through spark leads to plugs.
I had to reduce the boost down to 0.9 bar to get rid of my cut off issue. So obviously I had over boost protection kicking in. Thanks to HB-Dennis I bought a new MAF. They said in the first place "yeah, is the MAF sensor." Result nada... (Why didn't they just said:" Oh Axel, just give us 500.- bucks, it wont help you but will fill our pocket"  :angry:

I would like to ask you good folks if there is anyone who has a spare turbo pressure sensor and a closed airbox flying around for an Impreza 1998.
At the moment I have no cut offs anymore but now, if the engine has normal working temp, the acceleration is in the area round about 3500-4500 rpms is litterally non existend and it feels like the engine is confused by a) too much air and not enough fuel or b) boost pressure sensor is giving wrong pressure information and she gets too rich on fuel.

Since Subaru HB-Dennis and McNamaras seems to be a bunch of incompetent garages giving out a lot of bull  :shoot: I wanna try to remove my open air intake ant turn back to the standard box to rule out MAF confusion by getting wrong air data into the ECU.

Me stupid has already given away the old intake box  :wall: and I need one best before Sunday.

So if there is anyone out there who could borrow me the two parts I really would appreciate it  :worship:.

Thanks

Akki

[quote author=BlackLegacy link=topic=3549.msg35478#msg35478 date=1189071246]
Have u tried Dave Lewis? 0861563189, He knows what he's doin
[/quote]

No.. not yet... is he around Dublin? Never heard off him.
I'll try him today :)

Thanks for the hint.

Axel

No probs mate, he's on the malahide road i think, he's a nice guy, good to deal with, always very busy

[quote author=BlackLegacy link=topic=3549.msg35488#msg35488 date=1189074003]
No probs mate, he's on the malahide road i think, he's a nice guy, good to deal with, always very busy
[/quote]

Pity... all good people are very busy at the moment.
Do you know him? Can I give your name as ref?

Cheers....

Dave's a member of the club Akki

(current holder of the ISDC Rolling Road Perpetual Trophy :D)

Akki just tell him Damo put you onto him and he'll look after you. He is VERY busy though. Might be an idea to call over and see him and make an app that way. The car in the project section is his one.

Damo

He's off Northren cross beside the Hilton Hotel. Bell camp. Not really Malahide road I suppose.

Alright AKKi

my car is off the road at moment

if you want i can give give you a loan of them parts... :thumbsup:

my car is a 98 v4 STI

check the small fat pipe going from the trottel body to the intercooler if cracked or loose car will act like you said worth a try :dunno:

[quote author=huzzy link=topic=3549.msg35715#msg35715 date=1189166785]
check the small fat pipe going from the trottel body to the intercooler if cracked or loose car will act like you said worth a try :dunno:
[/quote]

Thanks Huzzy,

I had this pipe already changed (Cost lousy 130.- Euro only the pipe)

But anyway... I have solved the issue thanks to Dave Lewis.  :worship:
He just asked me if I have already changed the coolant temp sensor. (32.- quit part)  :thumbsup:

Now I am happy  :headbanger: to be in Mondello on the track on Sunday (if nothing comes inbetween)

Thanks to all of you guys specially to Paul and Skoobyke  :cheers: for giving me the parts I was testing with.

Have a good weekend and see you on Sunday...  :subaru:

Akki

Back