easy fix?

Altezza-Dan

Octane Boostaholics
Here's the results of yesterdays windy day encounter!

IMG_20110524_111237.jpg

Would it be easy enough to get fixed?

Fook Dan,
thats a bummer, no expert but might be hard to put back without damaging the paint. Some wizards out there tho. Could be a new trend on bonnet winglets if not! sorry just tryin to make light of the situation.

it can be tapped down but it might leave a very small dent along the bend line, i'v tapped them down befor and it's 50/50 if it leaves the dent or not, price on the respray 200 max as the corner would be blowin in and then just re-clear the whole bonnet :thumbsup:

Ouch... sorry Dan! :doh:

I had this happen to me on my mini years ago.... I got it it freshly painted and some monkey in the bodyshop never put the bonnet safety back on. Half way up the 21 bends at bout 50+ mph my bonnet decided to wrap itself round the windscreen! :shock2: While the 44 bus came barreling towards me... I'd be lying if i said I didn't poop myself a little! :icon_redface:

Hope you get it sorted soon! :thumbsup:

i was coming home from cork last night and hit a bump hard the bonnet opened up - i almost sh*t myself!
if it wasnt for the hydraulic bonnet arms it would of hit the windscreen but it stopped 1/2 way up.

i tell ya it was a scary moment!

I saw a damaged carbon bonnet repaired befor with little triangles of carbon the slipped on over the corners and just looked like another mod.

happened me before also
fookin minis i had one fly of before also :icon_grin:
[quote author=JAMIE-TYPERV6 link=topic=30626.msg354029#msg354029 date=1306242295]
Ouch... sorry Dan! :doh:

I had this happen to me on my mini years ago.... I got it it freshly painted and some monkey in the bodyshop never put the bonnet safety back on. Half way up the 21 bends at bout 50+ mph my bonnet decided to wrap itself round the windscreen! :shock2: While the 44 bus came barreling towards me... I'd be lying if i said I didn't poop myself a little! :icon_redface:

Hope you get it sorted soon! :thumbsup:
[/quote]

http://www.dentmagic.ie/aboutus.php?cat=2
e mail those guys Dan see if they can do it
Edward Knight is very good at dent repair
we also have a a dent repair trader in the club now i think maybe they could do it

[quote author=Altezza-Dan link=topic=30626.msg354014#msg354014 date=1306233298]
Here's the results of yesterdays windy day encounter!

IMG_20110524_111237.jpg

Would it be easy enough to get fixed?

[/quote]

Damien Connelly (The dent man) 086 8095113. No point in having him here if we don't use him :smiley:
Sorry to see your damage though Dan!

[quote author=KENC link=topic=30626.msg354127#msg354127 date=1306269993]
Is it aluminium or steel?
[/quote]

Aluminium

I didnt think dent man type PDR guys would do this work

:doh: Aluminium is a bitch for stretching, so i think myself your probably looking at a skim of fillers and a paint blow in. Maybe if you get a real good guy that knows his stuff he might heat it a bit and get it back reasonably but it wont be mint without filler and paint.. sorry buddy :icon_cry:

they may not be able to but i would definitely call them before i went further

ill ask a panel beater mate of mine tomorrow what the best way to go is
i seen him work magic on a aluminum xjr door before so he will know if it will work or not :thumbsup:

Back