Equal length headers...

chriSTi

Petrolheads
howdy lads... I've got equal length headers on my motor since I bought it,and I'm thinkin of changin back to the rumble,although I like the sound it has its no comparison... so jus wonderin what the initial gain is/was in the first place, what type would ya recommend,and is it a handy enough swap over.......???? cheers lads :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

as far as i know you get better gains from equal length headers..as ya said your self...un-equal just give it that lovelly burble...as for changing over,handy enough if you mechanically minded... :D

changeover handy........

wouldn't be too concerned as in if you've up-rated un-equal headers be much as much and gain RUMBLE......

Go for it..........

As dave said! Go for it
(are unequal length headers better for low end torque??)
Dan

[quote author=chriSTi link=topic=3538.msg35307#msg35307 date=1189008428]
howdy lads... I've got equal length headers on my motor since I bought it,and I'm thinkin of changin back to the rumble,although I like the sound it has its no comparison... so just wonderin what the initial gain is/was in the first place, what type would ya recommend,and is it a handy enough swap over.......???? cheers lads :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
[/quote]

Chris unless you have a significtly larger turbo then standard along with other mods they would have most likely have lost you performance and spool, Very few headers work well and if I was you ( depending on your Spec / header / Turbo ) id fit a standard set to your car.

Damo

[quote author=chriSTi link=topic=3538.msg35307#msg35307 date=1189008428]
howdy lads... I've got equal length headers on my motor since I bought it,and I'm thinkin of changin back to the rumble,although I like the sound it has its no comparison... so just wonderin what the initial gain is/was in the first place, what type would ya recommend,and is it a handy enough swap over.......???? cheers lads :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
[/quote]

I agree with Renno... Think about a decat down-pipe (If you haven't already). My experience is that the equal long header doesn't make too much unless you have changed your Turbo anyway. I think on the street the 5 horses can be kept in the stable and you go for the Rumble  :subaru: . There is nothing better when you see the peoples heads flying around and getting their neck streched  :shock: when you take off from the traffic lights... ;) (But that's just my opinion)

Akki

as said above ,id have a set of standard headers ported then fitted ,gains will b better spool up and ul have the rumble aswell which is wat i think is the best thing about a subaru

As said above, gains are minimul unless other work has been done. There are so many equal lenght headers on the market that are of dodgy quality also. Keep the rumble.

John

Back