re map

s401

well lads

am looking for someone professional to do a remap on my 00 legy b4.

does anyone know of one, and what kind of power am i looking at getting from a remap?..

the car was 280bhp the day it was bought from the factory so with a remap what is expected??

i am getting a new exhaust (any suggestions what type) and airfilter, anything else i need before the remap??.

regards allan

[quote author=s401 link=topic=30500.msg352722#msg352722 date=1305458058]
and where do i find the traders???....... lol sorry
[/quote]sorry, bottom of home page, sti tuning, jgm ect :thumbsup:

sti will sort you out with both remap and exhaust, which is handy. Give them a buzz....best of luck with mods :thumbsup:

[quote author=s401 link=topic=30500.msg352720#msg352720 date=1305457482]
well lads

am looking for someone professional to do a remap on my 00 legy b4.

does anyone know of one, and what kind of power am i looking at getting from a remap?..

the car was 280bhp the day it was bought from the factory so with a remap what is expected??

i am getting a new exhaust (any suggestions what type) and airfilter, anything else i need before the remap??.

regards allan
[/quote]

Plenty of traders that will sort you.
But lets get this out of the way straight away, you may forget the figure of 280bhp from the factory, as you dont have this, so your remap is not going to be 280bhp + remap gains. I f you start out thinking your car is 280bhp now you are just going to be dissapointed, you may well only have 240/ 250bhp

A said above your car is 11 years old so wont be near 280bhp. That figure is also based on japanese 100 octane fuel.

Realistically probably closure to 250 on 95 octane.

As above.
If you want to get the most out of your map then get all your mods sorted first, de-cat system, panel filter etc so you get the most out of your map.
The power you achieve depends on a lot of things, the mods done, the car itself, the mapper and so on.
I got mine mapped 4 years ago now with Dave at STiTuning and am happy with results still. 0857715343.
Have'nt heard anything bad about any of the mappers that use this site either.
:thumbsup:

thanks lads for your reply, but i just want to get everything right,

and get the most out of the car, its a fab car and i always loved that model.

so i want everything perfect on it and the most power possible without doing harm to the engine.

so all your advice and help is great, thanks

really turbos ok. decat yes if can. filter k&n. dump valve no no. fuel pump deatschwerks.. remap...

thats all

ive seen a good b4 make 274 on nicks rollers with just a back box but that is probo the best a b4 will pruduce
your looking 800 euro to map on your ecu if you dont have the ecutek license around 400 if the license is on it
so not cheep but worth it :thumbsup:

[quote author=bug-eye09 link=topic=30500.msg352856#msg352856 date=1305501344]
ive seen a good b4 make 274 on nicks rollers with just a back box but that is probo the best a b4 will pruduce
your looking 800 euro to map on your ecu if you dont have the ecutek license around 400 if the license is on it
so not cheep but worth it :thumbsup:
[/quote]
Id say its a generous Rolling road, imo i cant see any JDM car perform that close to its JDM figures in real life with nothing done to it and our crap fuel

@ ken , i concur , no flattery involved , dyno dynamics if im not mistaken :whistle:, very impressive from a leggy :1poke:

ok, one more question guys,

hybrid turbo, how big of money am i talking and is it easly done, and do i need to do other things to the engine before one of those turbos are bolted on.

what kind of power would you be talking with a hybrid turbo

lol! you guys might think am crazy yeah

man dont bother changing and turbos and such, one most wont be bolt on anyway and two your car just cant and wont take the power

all you need to do is decat, panel filter and a fuel pump and Dave said, youd be looking at around 300-320 bhp at that usually

you will really struggle to get any more than that without going single turbo route, with and engine rebuild to suit,

if you want to go fast id get rid of the legacy lol your car made 280 as new so your looking at prob 250 now on 99ron like E5, dont run it on 95 like AndyC said thats just idiotic :naughty: and that figure is a flywheel figure so with the catastrophic power losses by the 4 wheel drive train you prob looking at 200whp?? and at a kerb weight of 1440kg your looking at what 150whp per tonn??!!!

sorry to be a downer, i got a bit off topic there haha

[quote author=goosie208 link=topic=30500.msg353078#msg353078 date=1305644043]
man dont bother changing and turbos and such, one most wont be bolt on anyway and two your car just cant and wont take the power

all you need to do is decat, panel filter and a fuel pump and Dave said, youd be looking at around 300-320 bhp at that usually

you will really struggle to get any more than that without going single turbo route, with and engine rebuild to suit,

if you want to go fast id get rid of the legacy lol your car made 280 as new so your looking at prob 250 now on 99ron like E5, dont run it on 95 like AndyC said thats just idiotic :naughty: and that figure is a flywheel figure so with the catastrophic power losses by the 4 wheel drive train you prob looking at 200whp?? and at a kerb weight of 1440kg your looking at what 150whp per tonn??!!!

sorry to be a downer, i got a bit off topic there haha
[/quote]

Agree with most of that but your wrong about the power figures..run on 99 you would probably be making 270 or so you wouldn't lose 30bhp on 1 octane rating drop...as far as transmission losses they are no worse than any other Subaru.

no im saying that with 11 years of driving it will loose power! and i know that power losses are the same as other scoobs, always wanted one, now i have one, i dont!

a 3 port solenoid will help things along too and for the sake of €100 or so, its not going to break the bank. You can also shorten the pipework by about 3 feet by moving it inside the engine bay from the front passenger wing. It will control the boost better than standard so you will get a better map. That's what i did with mine :thumbsup:

Figures will really depend on the state of play with the engine and turbo's and if they are still in good nick. With exhaust, filter or induction (I love the sound of induction kits), 3 port and a remap, I would say 300 would be a respectable outcome. You may get more but I wouldn't be relying on it :thumbsup:

Back