Size of Rear Discs...????

JAMIE-TYPERV6

Octane Boostaholics
Hey,

Anyone know if the rear discs on my STI Type R are the same size as the rear dsics on my 01 UK GC8 Wagon.

Can't get down to throw a ruler on em soon so figured someone on here could answer this in a hurry!

I gather UK (single pot caliper) rear discs are 266mm and that the Type R's (2 pot calipers) are 290mm...?? Also... can I swap my 2 pot STI calipers and discs onto my wagon straight forward enough as the rear calipers on my wagon are looking a little knackered and the brakes are absolutly shiiiiiiiite on it...??

Cheers,

J... :thumbsup:

Like Gordon said j, you need the adapter brackets to fit.. A scrub with a wire brush, wipe down and a lick of hammerite will improve the look no end. Won't do anything for the performance though unfortunately..

[quote author=GORDON GT SERIES II link=topic=30228.msg349421#msg349421 date=1303913180]
well jamie you are correct on that if you check on godspeed brakesit gives you all the sizes,to fit the 2 pot calipers and discs you will need the adaptor bracket from them also it is well priced imo at 56.17 sterling inc everything you need is included in the kit here is the link which should help you
http://www.godspeedbrakes.co.uk/~godspeed/product.php?id_product=90
[/quote]

Cheers Gordon! Fecking single pots on rear of wagon are shite... so may go down the route of fitting my STI 2 pots.

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=30228.msg349423#msg349423 date=1303916294]
Won't do anything for the performance though unfortunately..
[/quote]

Surely Robbie... the STI 2 pots are better than the standard single pot crap WRX calipers on da wagon...? :ponder2:

Woops, wasn't clear there. I meant the lick of hammerite on the single pot will improve the look but not the performance :hammerhead:

I wouldn't waste your time or money upgrading parts on the wagon. Do you really need that extra breaking performance in your daily driver? You've more important projects to be spending your money on :thumbsup:

Got the brakes sitting there so figured they'd be of more use on the wagon at the mo.

Wasn't planning on spending money on em though... actually trying to save some as the wagon needs rear discs and pads and I figured a straight swap from Type R might work out cheaper and save some funds for my rather bottomless pit of a project. :icon_rolleyes:

I want to fit a set of Brembos front & rear on Type R anyways some day... so STI ones are kinda spare! :dontknow:

If the disks and pads on the 2 pots are in good nick, then the adapter brackets would probably be cheaper than replacement disks. Makes sense to upgrade in that case.

You'll have to update your sig if you want brembo's now instead of k-sports for the type r project :thumbsup:

Back