low beams poppin

Aaron

Petrolheads
My front left low beam (H1) keeps blowing every 3 weeks ish. its really starting to annoy me now! what could be causing it or what can i look for?

Headlight is waterfree, also checked seals they are all good!

thanks in advance.

Had the same thing happen to me Aaron, went on for about six months in total.

Like you were saying, about once a month I would loose one bulb (never seemed to be the same side either !!). I kept replacing both bulbs which was starting to cost a fortune. I tried numerous different brands which made no difference at the time :hammerhead:

Then one day (as the story goes) it just stopped and has never happened again :icon_grin:

Have you been putting them in using your fingers aaron? Or were you wearing gloves? The oils on your fingers can be transferred to the bulb and cause them to blow prematurely :dontknow:

Put the new one in last night, Springs seems to be fine, but the power plug for da blub was moving around when it was attached to the bulb so took it back off and press it abit and not its a snug fit. We'll see how we get on with this bulb now.

thanks,

Aaron

[quote author=Aaron link=topic=30215.msg349393#msg349393 date=1303896530]
Put the new one in last night, Springs seems to be fine, but the power plug for da blub was moving around when it was attached to the bulb so took it back off and press it abit and not its a snug fit. We'll see how we get on with this bulb now.

thanks,

Aaron
[/quote]

does the headlight have to come out to replace it

have you checked the fuse box? (to make sure that there isn't a paper clip instead of a correct rating fuse...)

It happened to mine a few years ago, turned out the block that goes onto the back of the bulb was a loose fit and it was arcing and causing it to over heat. The block eventually disintegrated and had to be replaced on both sides. Hasn't happened since.

Back