NO breaks!! Sorted

stasil55

Middle Lane Hogs
I was changing breaks on my girlfriends car (01 Nissan primera 1.6L). In order to fit the caliper back, I had to open the pushing mechanism (a metal tube that pushes brake pads to the disk).

and now there is no breaks. Handbrake works tho

I was pushing the brake pedal for about a minute, trying to create a pressure, but no luck.

Anyone knows what to do in order to get the brakes working?

Re: NO breaks!! Help!

did you release fluid from the system in order to move the pot back??

Sounds like you might have air in the system.

Get a friend to press the brake pedal while you "bleed" them.

you need to bleed the brakes now so and youll need to people to do it unless you have a brake bleeding tool, which i douth you have if your asking this question.

look up on you tube how to bleed the brake lines and it will sort you out.

its to hard to explain in writing

I dont mean to be rude or anything but...... if you dont know that the metal tube thing you have mentioned that pushes the pads is called the Piston, probably for you and your Girlfriends safety it would be best to get someone to sort this out for you.
I know it sounds an ignorant blunt way to put it, but after all brakes are the most critical part of any car and not something to make a fuk up on.

[quote author=KENC link=topic=30095.msg347888#msg347888 date=1302985518]
I dont mean to be rude or anything but...... if you dont know that the metal tube thing you have mentioned that pushes the pads is called the Piston, probably for you and your Girlfriends safety it would be best to get someone to sort this out for you.
I know it sounds an ignorant blunt way to put it, but after all brakes are the most critical part of any car and not something to make a fuk up on.
[/quote]

I totally agree wit ya................. :thumbsup:

[quote author=KENC link=topic=30095.msg347888#msg347888 date=1302985518]
[/quote]

Thanks for your advice. I will do it next time.

The only reason I have tried it to do myself is my friend said its very easy to do it yourself. I saw a video how to change brake pads and it seems to be easy. There was no things like I had to do in order to fit the new pads. Plus I dont have much money to pay for somebody to do it. Moreover, I like to learn to do something on the car myself.

Regarding terminology, English is not my native language and I did not know how you call it in English.

thanks everyone for your support and comments. :thumbsup:

Anyone close to citywest? to supervise me to bleed the brakes. it will be rewarded :icon_jook:

Stan
Sorry to hear your having an issue with this!
I'd help but have had a few beers and can't drive to you!
And unfortunately I'm 40 mins away from ya!!!!

Thanks for your advice. I will do it next time.

The only reason I have tried it to do myself is my friend said its very easy to do it yourself. I saw a video how to change brake pads and it seems to be easy. There was no things like I had to do in order to fit the new pads. Plus I dont have much money to pay for somebody to do it. Moreover, I like to learn to do something on the car myself.

Regarding terminology, English is not my native language and I did not know how you call it in English.

Its not just about how you described it, its more so the fact that you are not sure whats after happening with the brakes.
Its great to do things yourself on a car, and to learn. But brakes are not a good place to learn.
Best bet is just to get someone that knows what they are doing and get them to help you, and show you how to do things the right way. Im too far away so am out of the question, but i wouldnt mind helping someone at all, maybe someone else can give you a hand and some pointers and check its done correct for you

Oi, quit the bickering or there'll be shlaps. :police:

Did you get sorted yet? If not, I could shoot out to ya tomorrow evenin'. Maybe even this evenin' actually.

If your still stuck, i live in city west (small world!)

I'll pop around and give you a hand.

My number is 086 3136243 :thumbsup:

Got sorted with great help from Mutro. :dance: Thanks a lot Martin. :thumbsup: you well deserve a Karma, but I can not add it.
thanks Bonito for your offer too

[quote author=stasil55 link=topic=30095.msg348038#msg348038 date=1303062753]
Got sorted with great help from Mutro. :dance: Thanks a lot Martin. :thumbsup: you well deserve a Karma, but I can not add it.
thanks Bonito for your offer too
[/quote]

Good man Murto. :clap:

Gave him a karma on your behalf. :dance:

Back