Headlight bulb swap on Hawkeye

frostyjack

Sunday Drivers
Hey guys is there any way to replace the dipped bulb on the Hawkeye without removing the battery. It looks like there is a screw holding a clip in but I can't see properly with the battery in the way. Any ideas? Cheers.

if Its the same as the bugeye i had to take off the front grill and pop out the headlight unit. Doesn't take to long to do

It's a matter of slipping the wire clips out from behind the little hook on either side,
the ends of the wire clip is to the top, put your finger on top of the clip and with slight pressure push towards the bulb and move it too the center of the bulb and then toward the engine. That will release the bulb.

Hope thats of use to you :thumbsup:

Cheers guys, that's kind of what I thought, hope it doesn't rain again tomorrow so I can have a lash at it. I couldn't find a picture of what it looked like from behind online. The other side looks a bit more tricky, that bulb is ok for now though.

Done it today, I took the battery out for the laugh. I took a picture for others to use for future reference. The 2 clips at the top just push towards one another to release the bulb. Thanks again guys.

Back