gc8 turbo upgrade

dont bother with all the crap that goes with the twins scroll

get a vf48 off one of are traders and youll get the same power

I wouldnt dismiss twin scroll that quickly. Twin scroll set up on a classic type r is a super responsive car. And amazing on b roads.

Obviously there is more cost then a vf48 stright turbo swap. You need:

Turbo
complete exhaust manifold
turbo bracket
downpipe
oil sump incl pick up pipe etc
dipstick

dave.

What I would yet personally suggest is stronger actuator for the turbo itself, as the original one is a bit weak and doesn't hold boost good enough in higher rpm's, however turbo itself seems to be able to blow a bit more.

As an owner of gc8 with vf37 I have to say it's pretty impressive, at least for myself - especially with short gearing.

If you can find cheap conversion set, as it happens sometimes - I'd say: go for it.

vf37 kits available from Japan performance parts for 1100 gbp. If you want t VF36 though, let me know and i can point you the right direction to someone that has some

I was talking to dave in Japanese performance today and he said i could get a direct bolt on apexi ball bearing turbo for 900 euro, would this or the vf37 be better.? Thanks

Hi. No i would not think so. If going that road of direct bolt on a brand new billet 18g or 20g would be a better option. The japanese brand apexi, greddy etc range of turbos were never impressive.

Back