New rubber!

Iazazel

Sunday Drivers
Hey lads,
Finally got me some shiny new 18" in gunmetal for my 05 sti :icon_grin: but now need some decent rubber on them, There is 225/45/17 on at the moment and was thinking of going 235/40/18 - the aloys are 18x7.5
I was just wondering if the 235 would fit witout any rubbing at all?? - I may be wrong but I think factory std are potenzas 235??
Also, I've narrowed it down to a choice between Falken FK452, Hankook K110 or Kumho (all are fairly good value - was going to go with Toyo T1Rs but are pretty pricey at the moment!) anyone got any good/bad points on these tyres??
Cheers,
Mark.

Pretty sure they came with 225 standard

Only the Spec C's came with 235 tyres & they had 8 inch wide wheels?

Can't comment on any of the tyres you've listed as I've never used them...but don't skimp on tyres, they're your only point of contact with the road!

Check out 1 of our traders, Tyreman Dunboyne...He does some cracking deals :thumbsup:

555scooby recommended falken fk452 for my car
bought them and was well pleased with them great all round tyre
will be buying them again :thumbsup:

Yea, waiting on prices off the Tyreman! :)
Will 235's fit on 7.5" wheels?? or will I be better sticking to 225's??
Cheers,
Mark.

The toyos are good in dry, wet and believe it or not in snow. Have them on my civic and the Sti can't fault them. If you can get them at the right price that's what I'd pick from your choices. Try camskill.co.uk alot of lads on here use them for tires and are suppose to have friendly prices

[quote author=STi Brian link=topic=29913.msg346073#msg346073 date=1301906845]
...but don't skimp on tyres, they're your only point of contact with the road!
[/quote]
couldn't agree with it more...about the size of four hand palms...put shite tyres and roof can become point of contact...

A 235 will fit no problem on a 17inch rim.
My spec c came with 235 re070's and I had to get 225 re070's
Because it's a jap only tyre for the spec c.

I also use 225's on my 18inch rims with no rubbing and coilovers set very low.

Buy good tyres,spend the extra money.all the tyres youve mentioned
I would not rate for an Impreza.
I'd be buying Goodyear or bridgestone if it was me.
Moneys no object when you want to get around that corner fast and be
Alive on the other side! Get decent rubber :thumbsup:

Cheers for all the advice lads,
After much trawling through reviews and fourms I have bought a set of Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas, they are getting some rave reviews and not a bad price either - 505 euro dellivered! :icon_grin:
Im lookin forward to gettin them on - almost on slicks at the min! :cuckoo:
Will let ye know what they are like!

check local tyre places as well. lots of them had a cope on moment and offer good deals- often cheaper than online+fitting...

To give you an idea I just put 2 ditch finders on a passat this
Evening.
235/17inch.
150euro fitted. Shop around your local tyre places for deals.

was said,dont go cheap when your buying tires.there the only thing in contact with the road.

try camskil for tires,ive have t1rs toyos on the P1 but will be putting on hancook evo 12 next

Back