Spraying oil cap,coolant cap,etc...

mdunne7

Sunday Drivers
Looking to brighten up my engine bay a small bit.thinking of spraying all the yellow caps under the bonnet blue.is there a special paint I must get or will the simonez spraycan I can get in the motor factor work? :ponder2:

I would use a primer designed for plastics first otherwise you may see it all peeling off within a couple of months :icon_sad:

Ive done mine recently.

Left soaking in washing up liquid/water for a few days.
Cleaned off with water.
Rub of white spirits.
Coat of plastic primer X 2
coat paint for plastic x 2
Coat plastic varnish (cant think of the proper name but the shiney stuff :icon_lol:)

:smokin:

Cheers guys.Thanks for the ideas.I have plastic primer,metallic blue spray paint and clear laquer.gona make an attempt at this at the weekend.I thought there would be special paint because of the heat from the engine.oh and sweetcakes are the polishing machines difficult to use?I'm hopefully goin to invest in one soon but haven't actually used one.

Are you thinking of a dual action or rotary polisher? Dual action is fairly fool proof, great starter. If you're going rotary, I'd definitely find a sh!tter to practice on before going near the impreza.. If you're around dublin, gimme a shout and you can have a shot of mine before you decide :thumbsup:

Back