Would There be a big Difference Between a WRX ECU & STI Type RA ECU..

ianmulvihill

Sunday Drivers
Swapped ECU's today was boosting at 0.7 BAR, Now Boosting at 1.3 Bar maybe more... Seems like it's not getting enough fuel now high boost but low torque for that much boost it feels like anyway.... Hope that makes sense... Whats a good boost to be running at, I'm thinking it might be bit high..... Also has anyone ever fitted a V5 inlet manifold and intercooler to a V2?? Is it possible??
:subaru:

Here's the ECU's anyone know spec on them please??

30032011958.jpg
30032011956.jpg

I'd be of same opinion
1.3 bar+ is not standard on the new ecu anyway as far as I know, so someone has had a remap at some stage
Being mapped for different mods etc will not be setup for your engine at all and will cause damage (most probably)

Speak to mallets and see if that ecu can be setup for your engine safetly
But take it out in the mean time!!!

Hey Ian...

You can't easily fit a V5 inlet manifold (known as a Phase 2) to a V2 engine. The distance between the ports on the left and ports on the right of a V2 engine are 15mm closer than on a V5 engine.

In other words you'd need to chop 15mm out of your V5 manifold somewhere and get it welded back up again. Also the studs on a V2 Manifold (Known as a Phase 1) are in a straight line where as a V5 (Phase 2) has a staggered stud pattern on the manifold. You can get adaptor plates to fit a Phase 1 (V2) to a V5 engine... but not the other way round as the Phase 1 manifold is considered a better manifold to a Phase 2 (V5).

In other words you'd be better re-using your V2 manifold on your V2 engine, :thumbsup:

J..

thanks for the help lads, The engine I have is out of a MY98 Type R and I've got a manifold lined up and have the intercooler already from a MY98 Type R.... maybe it's a V4....

the car wont be running near its potential on a wrx ecu, injector size, cam profile at least some or all of the above are different, maybe even more

Back