farting and loss of power code 22

wrx rex

98 wrx sti type r, code 22 ,but as driving lots of farting and loss of power when warm any relation or is it just picking up the knock? possible problems?? any help appricated,

[quote author=wrx rex link=topic=29781.msg344761#msg344761 date=1301216196]
98 wrx sti type r, code 22 ,but as driving lots of farting and loss of power when warm any relation or is it just picking up the knock? possible problems?? any help appricated,

[/quote]

22 is Knock Senor, it's right on top of the engine pretty much in the middle... it's held on by one bolt make it's tight but it has to be tightened with a torque wrench (17 ft-lb) check that it's not finger lose first... It's sound more like MAF senor (Code 23), knock senor normally puts ECU into limp home mode... I have a Knock Senor you can have for free if you want to try it...

would the knock sensor cause it to fart and bang,the check engine light isnt staying on when it is running

Yeah itll cause the car to run Sheeeit! Replace it, reset ecu and away you go, easy enough job, just a bit fiddly!

[quote author=wrx rex link=topic=29781.msg344791#msg344791 date=1301233681]
would the knock sensor cause it to fart and bang,the check engine light isnt staying on when it is running

[/quote]

no it wouldn't I don't think, where in the country are you? i've senors here if you want to try it... record a video of it running bad and post it up might be able to tell more from it....

tubo fooked :icon_cry:,pumping oil into the intercooler, as for the knock sensor i still need 1, where abouts are you ian?

[quote author=wrx rex link=topic=29781.msg346367#msg346367 date=1302046166]
tubo fooked :icon_cry:,pumping oil into the intercooler, as for the knock sensor i still need 1, where abouts are you ian?
[/quote]

Cork City can post it to you if you like.........Have a turbo for sale if you need one, also pistons which you can have for free,
if damage has being done, have a block there too just incase.... :thumbsup: :subaru:

Back