Stupid question no. 428

nodge

Petrolheads
Today's topic is axle stands!

Yes or No?

Can they be used for a Subaru? Any issues with them? Any problem buying generic ones from Halfords or are there specific ones?

Any more stupid questions I could ask? :hammerhead:

ye there grand same rules apply with every car find a strong point on the car and rest it on that dont put them under the lower control arm it could rip out bushings

Best using the 4 jacking points on your car as the point to position them. What you got planned for them... just general maintenance stuff or is the car going up in the air for a while...?

Some of them have a shallow u-shaped plate for resting the car on... just be sure the u-shaped bit doesn't dig into your outer sills or floor pan. I set some 5mm rubber to line the large ones I bought for the project car.

I wouldn't be a fan of the cheap foldable ones.... I've a set of the below ones for general maintenance and they work well...

http://www.sealey.co.uk/PLPageBuilder.asp?gotonode=ViewProduct&method=mViewProduct&productid=8859&productdescription=&productcode=&category=1&catgroup=108&catmicrogroup=1370&analysiscode=&requiredresults=16

Back