Brake Question

dannyb

Middle Lane Hogs
are these the standard brakes for my car, it's a 96 WRX wagon (english if that helps)

reson is i had a flat the other day and went to put on the space saver and it wouldn't clear the calipers :dontknow:

DSCF5599.jpg

DSCF5600.jpg

Your car would've had 2 pots as standard. They are subaru 4 pots on it there :thumbsup:

Bit of a pain but i assume you took a wheel from the rear, moved it forward and put the space saver on the back?

thats what i did alright, bit of a pain as well the last owner got the bright idea of putting lock nuts on all the studs and the key broke :wall: took the best part of 2 hours to change 2 poxy wheels at the side of the road

Just going to bump this up as I need to get pads and discs next week, with them not been off the car I can't just order a set from the year and modle of my car so any ideas of what I should be asking for, is it just the pads that would be different from standard or both pads and discs??? :thumbsup:

they are 98 upwards 4 pot calipers as fitted to classic and new age wrx and classic sti models if your ordering pads order for a 99 wrx you will be grand

danny... I've a space saver off a V6 Type R lying around in mint nick if you want it, that clears 4 pot STI calipers... might save you some grief in future. :dontknow:

Sorry Danny... looked for this at the weekend and it's gone.

It was in mates garage where I've been working on project... he did a clean out recently and skipped it thinking it was his Pulsar space saver!! :angry1: :angry1:

All i have is a Pulsar one now... not much fecking use though.... sorry! :icon_rolleyes:

not yet man, moving house all this week so i'l see if im allowed to buy them next week lol

Back