Exhaust and NCT

deco c

Middle Lane Hogs
right lads looking to book the car in to be NCT'd soon..Have the origional downpipe cat to go in..Will it be ok to put this on then remove it after without affecting the car too much as its mapped for e5 with a full decat.Obviously i wont be driving it hard wiht the cat in but will everything be back to normal after taking the cat back out after NCT?

As above.

I've got retest on Saturday. Im taking off decat downpipe and swapping the simtek for OEM ECU.

Thanks lads..

@ Andy,how do you find the simtek as apposed to an apexi or Ecutek with the mods you have? Much benefit?

I had the Power FC and an ECUtek before.

Would choose Simtek everytime. Power FC is old technology. ECUtek is also good but I went with Simtek this time for the Anti lag and Launch control.

[quote author=AndyC link=topic=29677.msg344154#msg344154 date=1300823424]
I had the Power FC and an ECUtek before.

Would choose Simtek everytime. Power FC is old technology. ECUtek is also good but I went with Simtek this time for the Anti lag and Launch control.
[/quote]

Im half thinking of going simtek but probably only if im going for more power..its alot of money to spend if im still using the same turbo..id only really be paying for anti lag and launch contol.

Just ive read before that simtek would be the way to go if going for big power?

Im using stock VF28 with just a decat downpipe. Well worth spending the money on the Simtek. Car was unbelievable once decat was fitted and the Simtek mapped.

Sound Andy..Id nearly pay just for the bangs lol..

I know STI Tuning map simtek,anyone else around map these?

Dont know, sorry

The Simtek comes without Anti Lag and Launch control too if you want to keep cost down.

Sivecs is the new simtek so your still on old technology andy :icon_nana: :lol:

[quote author=deco c link=topic=29677.msg344162#msg344162 date=1300824168]
I know STI Tuning map simtek,anyone else around map these?
[/quote]

Couture Auto, East Coast Customs and Jolly Green Monster all offer simtek as well :thumbsup: .. If you could budget a bit more, stretch to sivecs but if its only a fast road car then you won't notice a huge difference.

Im just looking at the simtek on her fr sale..Brand new in the box..hes looking for 800 ono..Is it worth that? Then im probably taking another 4-500 to fit and map?

Back